Serves as a Senior Test Engineer for the Integrated Personnel and Pay System–Army (IPPS-A). Advises supervisor, the IPPS-A Senior Test Manager, of unique test requirements and complex test programs. Provides guidance to program personnel on test procedure development, test conduct and report generation. Directs and performs complex test operations to meet program requirements. This individual prepares program schedules in support of program requirements. May interact directly with the Government designated Test Manager and manages the activities of assigned test engineers in support of program goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs and/or leads an integrated test team to perform the following activities in support of the testing function:
‐Writes detailed test plans
‐Participates in other program working groups and IPTs to ensure testing requirements are addressed as needed
‐Develops test scenarios and test scripts
‐Traces requirements to test cases to ensure coverage for full system integration test
‐Ensures that functional and technical requirements are met through system testing, regression testing, performance testing, system interface testing, and security testing activities
‐Develops a framework for automated testing using HP Quality Center/HP ALM
‐Performs functional administration, configuration, and utilization of testing tools
‐Collects, tracks and reports test metrics and briefs leadership on test status
‐Develops and maintains the Test Management Plan (TMP) that defines the approach, processes, and procedures that integrates with and supports the Government’s Integrated Test and Evaluation (T&E) approach and Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP)
‐Develops and maintains the Requirements Traceability Verification Matrix (RTVM) with imbedded Testability Matrix that maps test methods and events, test scripts, scenarios, and test results to the applicable requirement, to include test-related artifact changes
- Plans, prepares, manages and reports progress on the System Development Test (STD) activities and deliverables pertaining to Product Level Test (PLT) and Developer’s Integration Test (DIT)
- Updates and maintains the Testing Strategy portion of the Provisioning Plan
- Reviews and approves prepared proposals for testing programs, outlines specific testing conditions, develops operating procedures, and participates in Government readiness reviews, entrance/exit reviews, and Program Control Board activities
- Identifies creative methods to reduce test time, without reducing test coverage, on subsequent product generations
- Reviews and evaluates complex test specifications, test results, test trends and implements corrective action as needed
- Reviews and approves prepared detailed technical reports of findings and makes recommendations for needed modifications to correct problems
- Oversees actual tests and analyzes validity of results
- Coordinates the resolution of problems inhibiting test progress
- Reviews customer requirements and specifications to ensure that tests will confirm that these are satisfied
- Provides expert level guidance to less advanced engineers and may serve as a team lead on specific projects
- Performs and/or leads the following types of test: Information Assurance, 508 Compliance, Disaster Recovery, and Performance Testing.
- Execute data validation process using DataStage
- Analyze data validation and perform root cause analysis in Oracle database
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or other technically relevant degree and 7-9 years of related experience
- Seven - 9 years of PeopleSoft HCM experience
- Strong experience across the Human Resource module including Core HR, Self-Service, Global Payroll, Benefits, Time and Labor, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Enterprise Learning Management (ELM)
- Ability to develop and run PeopleSoft queries
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in managing system testing activities
- Must have active Secret clearance
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Performance Testing (.i.e. HP Load Runner)
- Minimum of 5 years of PeopleSoft testing experience
- Knowledge of the Agile development process
- Experience in developing test automation frameworks using tools such as HP Quality Center.
- Knowledge of IBM InfoSphere DataStage or Abinitio
- Knowledge of OBIEE
- Knowledge of enterprise-level applications, including ERP, EDI, CRM, data warehouses, etc.
- Experience in testing in an agile development environment is strongly desired.
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle UPK and GRC Suite, and SQL for testing desired.
- Experience with Test Management and Automated Test Execution tools such as HP Quality Center and the HP Application Life-Cycle Management Suite (Quality Center, Unified Functional Testing, Performance Center/Load Runner)
- Experience with defect tracking tools
- Experience with automated regression test scripts
- Experience in testing software for federal government
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner-Has experience with 508 Compliance Testing, Disaster Recovery, and Security Testing.
- Security +