The Supervisor IT Service Desk CTS performs a lead role in the execution of strategic and tactical solutions for the IT Service Desk. The Supervisor is responsible for planned initiatives, projects, and maintaining day to day operational stability. The Supervisor leads, coaches and develops a team of Crewmembers focused 24x7 Tier 1 support for all areas of JetBlue. The Supervisor will be involved in operational support of all solutions and or applications within scope of responsibility.
The Supervisor is comfortable with maintaining a public profile and building relationships throughout the organization. The Supervisor is also able to change priorities and focus to meet operational demands, excels when working on complex projects, is motivated to deliver results, and exhibits the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun.
• Supervise the relationship with our operation's functional area leaders and oversees the delivery of IT solutions to support the operational functions the supervisor is aligned to and ensures that clear and concise requirements are understood and agreed service levels are maintained
• Provide oversight for all Requests and Incidents ensuring all are actioned in a timely manner according to SLA/SLOs following documented processes and procedures to ensure a positive Crewmember experience.
• Manages and coordinates resolution to escalated tickets.
• Engage customers for service recovery when necessary.
• Perform root cause analysis and communicate appropriately to leadership and customers.
• Determine Key Performance Indicators with leadership and ensure regular reporting. Perform analysis of metrics and provide insight to leadership with recommendations.
• Monitor and manage phone and self-service ticket queues. Ensure team meets defined KPIs and SLA/SLOs.
• Ensures that Service Desk tools and process meet the needs of the Analysts and the enterprise. Works with leadership to implement changes or improvements.
• Develop and refine process to streamline resolutions. Partner with other teams to implement process improvement.
• Review survey feedback to improve support, tools and customer service.
• Onboard, train and mentor Service Desk Analysts.
• Manage the Service Desk’s 24x7 schedule and address any challenges.
• Maintain the Knowledge Base and ensure that the information in Knowledge Articles are current and relevant.
• Partner with the IT Manager to deliver an IT Strategy and an annual plan to support the operational functions aligned to the area of responsibly including a solution and or application roadmap.
• Responsible for developing, maintaining and reporting a financial and resource plan for their area of responsibility.
• Act as the escalation point for operational support to assigned responsibilities with around the clock accessibility.
• Support applications / solutions to maintain operational stability
• Ensure work practices and standards and procedures are in line with all audit, security, and regulatory requirements company policies.
• Partner with other teams across IT to ensure alignment and drive efficiencies.
• Provide direct or indirect oversight of delivery teams for areas of responsibility.
• Take a significant role in leading and coaching direct team and/or indirect Crewmembers to support the engagement, growth and development of Succession plan for the IT department.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
• Two (2) years' experience in an IT/Operations liaison role managing relationships with operational leaders
• Two (2) years demonstrated proficiency in IT Infrastructure, single sign-on, network, IT security, server types, virtualization, storage area networks, datacenter tools, processes and software.
• Two (2) years of experience providing Tier 1 Call Center support services.
• Two (2) years of team lead or supervisory experience.
• Two (2) years of supervising a Call Center team.
• Experience with MS-SQL databases and Directory Services
• Two (2) years’ experience with application presentation platforms such as Citrix
• Strong understanding of DR and HA solutions and their use
• Available for overnight travel (up to 10%)
• Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response on short notice
• Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
• Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
• Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
• Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
• Two (2) years of experience in a Service Desk/Help Desk lead/supervisory role
• Four (4) years of experience in server and datacenter technologies
• Managing a budget
• Supervising a full project or initiative, including presenting recommendations to senior leadership
• Thorough knowledge of operational function and thorough knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies
• Exposure to JetBlue's IT disciplines and interdependencies
• Exposure to JetBlue's operational units and how their needs drive IT strategy
• Working on enterprise-wide budget process
• Regular attendance and punctuality
• Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
• Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
• When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
• Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
• Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
• Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
• Computer and other office equipment
• Normal office environment
• Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement