The Senior Engineer position located in New Haven, Missouri will be responsible for providing technical support to manufacturing departments at the plant facility. Responsible for working within teams to improve process efficiencies, reduce scrap, improve quality and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with customer and visit customer as part of design, improvement or quality issues.
- Communicate with suppliers on products and process concerns.
- Work with team members to solve problems and continuously improve processes.
- Investigate, suggest and implement cost saving projects, innovations or value added engineered projects.
- Development and processing of new program equipment and troubleshoot machines and equipment.
- Conduct meetings, set up action plans, implement and follow up on open issues.
- Knowledge of job instructions, FMEA's, control plans and capability studies.
- Assist with cell layouts.
- Work with Product Engineers to ensure product integrity during design engineering change and new product launch processes.
- Lead cell teams in small group meetings to solicit feedback and generate ideas for improvement.
- Knowledge of Program Management Systems
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university (preferably Engineering)
- Preferred: Master’s degree
Knowledge and skills typically acquired through five-plus years’ experience engineering and automotive manufacturing processes.
- Occasional travel to customer work locations and manufacturing facilities and equipment suppliers
Job Type: Full-time
- engineering: 5 years (Required)
- automotive manufacturing processes: 5 years (Preferred)