Working as part of a collaborative Accounting Team, the Revenue Accountant will support all aspects of the revenue cycle within the organization. This position has specific responsibility in revenue related processes within the organization, including day to day revenue recognition and accounting functions, performing monthly close processes, fulfilling interdepartmental reporting requests, maintaining an effective control environment as well as coordinating with our External Auditors.
- Review software deals for proper revenue recognition (POC, milestone, SaaS, perpetual/term).
- Assist with the adoption of ASC 606 and maintain accounting policies and systems according to these guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the Advanced Revenue Module in NetSuite and produce ASC 606 schedules for audit purposes.
- Collaborate with legal, sales, operations and finance to evaluate new licensing or subscription models.
- Evaluate impacts to revenue recognition and communicate key risks to management. Actively collaborate with Sales to ensure contracts are structured in a way to allow for easier evaluation of revenue recognition under ASC 606.
- Prepare journal entries to support monthly close activities.
- Actively participate in monthly and quarterly close activities.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly deferred revenue reconciliation.
- Support certain other accounting areas that are directly impacted by revenue, such as accounts receivable, sales, commissions and royalties
- Create detailed revenue schedules as needed for management, finance and reporting purposes.
- Maintain and update internal control documentation for quote to cash and support audits of related controls.
- Support external auditors to ensure all information requested is provided in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review bookings to ensure compliance with company booking policy.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned when needed to support the business.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting requests from Controller and/or CFO.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of revenue recognition experience in a software or technology company.
- Experience working in public accounting preferred.
- NetSuite and Salesforce experience preferred.
- Technical knowledge and thorough understanding of GAAP in revenue recognition, preferably in a software and/or services environment.
- Understanding of the new ASC 606 software revenue recognition standards highly preferred.
- High-level of proficiency in MS Office Suite (especially MS Excel) required. Advanced knowledge of Excel required (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.).
- Highly motivated with the ability to multitask, work independently, and meet deadlines while maintaining a high standard of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to handle multiple, competing tasks simultaneously.
- Basic/Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Basic/Voluntary AD&D
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) with Employer Contributions
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Employer Contributions
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance
- Voluntary Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Legal Plan Services
Job Type: Full-time
- new ASC 606 software revenue recognition standards: 1 year (Required)
- revenue recognition: 3 years (Required)
- public accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Salesforce: 1 year (Preferred)
- Netsuite: 1 year (Preferred)
- MS Office Suite: 1 year (Preferred)