This Newly Owner and Managed Hotel is currently seeking an experienced Full Service General Manager to oversee all facets of the newly remodeled Holiday Inn-Louisville East Hurstbourne located in Louisville, KY. This property requires a hands on professional to oversee the day-to-day operations and financial performance of the hotel in cooperation with our proven corporate support structure. The successful candidate should have experience operating a full-service hotel, 21,000 square feet of meeting and ballroom space, Restaurant and Bar as well as a busy catering department.
Along with medical, dental, vision and PTO, this position does offer an excellent, competitive salary, with a yearly bonus.
- Serves as the strategic business leader of a full-service hotel and is responsible for the overall performance of the hotel.
- Directs the leadership team in the development and implementation of hotel-wide strategies.
- Ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations
- Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
- Develops a hotel strategy that is aligned with both Dellisart Hospitality and the brand’s business strategies. Ensures sustainable work processes and systems are put in place to support execution of the strategy.
- Establishes relationship with owner as a business partnership and builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, recognition and involvement in key decisions.
- Understands the owners' perspective and Dellisart Hospitality expectations. Manages an effective balance between the owner's interests and Dellisart Hospitality interests and develops solutions that create value for both.
- Promotes and sells ideas persuasively to owners for stimulating business opportunities, improving service and increasing profitability.
- Provides meaning or context to the financial results during owner meetings and demonstrates an understanding of cash flow and owner priorities.
- Ensures alignment of owner with brand strategy and maintains brand standards.
- Is knowledgeable of all management contract requirements for the property and ensures compliance with contract and reporting requirements.
- Guest Service Scores: Goals are met for all guest service related measurements
- Market Share: Hotel at natural rank or higher and growing share against the comp set
- Associate Relations: Associate Engagement Survey scores and impact plans (plans and actions implemented and measured)
- Flow Through: Proper management of all fixed and variable expenses to ensure optimal financial performance, Asset preservation and Associate retention
- A full service GM background with a brand (IHG, Hilton, Marriott) is required
- Proven track record in delivering financial results
- Proven track record of building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment
- Ability to inspire associates and to create a culture of care and accountability
- Proven track record of positive associate satisfaction scores
- Commitment to exceptional guest service
- Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Aptitude in financial management, financial reports and analysis as well as Excel.
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 plus years of experience as a full-service GM required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Hotel General Manager: 5 years (Required)
- Full Service Hotel: 5 years (Required)