We are looking for a talented, creative eyewear designer. Someone passionate for eyewear, creative with an eye for shape and color. Who is able to capture Marcolin's fashion forward and trend setting spirit. If you are looking to unlock your potential by developing optical and sun wear designs from conception through completion, with focus on functionality, then Marcolin is waiting for you.
We are Marcolin USA Eyewear. An international leader in Luxury and high-fashion eyewear. We are an Italian based company founded on the principles of quality, design and fashion. Our collections are well known throughout Europe and the world and include Tom Ford, Roberto Cavalli, Swarovski, Tods, Emilio Pucci, Kenneth Cole, Guess, Timberland, Skechers, Harley-Davidson, Victoria Secrets, Timberland, Diesel and more.
Our Corporate headquarter is based in Somerville, NJ and showrooms are located in NYC and Miami.
Who are we looking for this Eyewear Designer?
A highly motivated, results driven, passionate for fashion and high quality design candidate to:
- Initiate & execute designs for each seasonal collection;
- Conduct market research and evaluate seasonal design briefings;
- Create optical and sun wear designs, both by hand and by CAD;
- Build concept boards, story boards, and prepare new concepts;
- Work closely with material and color suppliers;
- Daily communication with factories;
- Develop strong partnership with Product teams to collaborate on global design concepts, trend research, Brand(s) direction and matrix lay-out;
- Partner with Technical team to ensure all designs have proper fitting and technical requirements;
- Interaction with Licensor on pending issues, design, color, new concepts, trends, packaging, etc.; and
- Present and communicate eyewear line for Brand Review(s), Line Review(s) and as needed to Management.
Qualifications of the Eyewear Designer :
- Minimum 3-5 years of Design Experience in Optical or Accessory Industry.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Fashion Design, Fashion Merchandising preferred; a related field or equivalent experience coupled with a successful track record.
- Proficient in Illustrator and hand sketching
- Able to interpret trends and relate them to Eyewear
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Must be team-oriented
Why work for Marcolin USA?
Marcolin USA offers many perks and benefits beyond salary. We offer a full complement of valuable benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- FSA and HSA
- Life and Disability
- 401(k) and Match
- Wellness Program, EAP, and more.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Marcolin USA, Inc.
Marcolin USA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law.
To learn more, please visit our web site at: http://www.marcolin.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Illustrator: 2 years (Required)
- Eyewear Disign: 4 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule