Mash-ka-wisen is a place where people can grow in both their personal and professional lives. We welcome applications from individuals with a sincere interest in helping our clients on their road to recovery, and who are seeking an opportunity to cultivate their career with competitive wages. Mash-ka-wisen is accepting applications for our Sawyer location just a few miles out of Cloquet, MN.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Estimates food quantities to be cooked for a designated number of persons to be served according to menus.
- Establishes and maintains proper sanitary conditions in the kitchen and store rooms complying with all applicable State and Federal sanitary codes and conditions.
- Insures that all personnel who assist in the kitchen observe proper habits in personal hygiene and have clean clothing.
- Keeps adequate records and makes appropriate reports.
- Count clean and dirty linen to facilitate linen exchange.
- Ability to work with clients with the highest of confidentiality.
- Prefer graduation from High School and/or training and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to prepare nutritious meals for groups of over twenty people or more.
- Must have considerable experience in quantity cooking and some supervisory experience such as for a school or university, in a hospital or a large restaurant, or military training and experience, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of the problems, techniques, and equipment involved with meal nutrition requirements, food sanitation procedures, and large volume food preparation.
- Ability to work continuous hours while standing, lift heavy pots and pans, and work near hot ovens and ranges.
- Clean and neat personal habits and personal appearance.
- Must have a valid ServSafe certificate.
- Responsible, mature, and personable.
- If chemically dependent, must be free of dependency for at least one (1) year, and willing to show documentation of length of sobriety.
- Preferably of American Indian heritage, and knowledgeable of the traditions and customs of the American Indian people native to Minnesota.
- Subject to pre-employment, post-accident, return to duty, follow-up, and random drug testing.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
- Life Insurance
Native American Preference
All Encouraged to Apply
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Cook: 2 years (Preferred)