Responsible for maintaining and enhancing current mainframe-based COBOL, DB2, CICS Billing system, are upgrading to a web-based, Java based system.
Participate in the full programming life cycle – requirements gathering, analysis, coding, testing, documentation, and implementation. Provide nightly production support and participate in performance monitoring and tuning for assigned applications.
- Business Process Analysis (15%): Act as liaison with specified user areas and confer with users to define business processes for systems application and integration.
- Identify System Problems/Issues (15%): Conduct tests, monitor output, and enter code/command changes in order to identify and resolve system problems and issues.
- System Documentation (5%): Develop general and detailed system design specifications and quality documentation in order to provide technical and operational instructions and information to system programmers and end users.
- System Integration (15%): Integrate various hardware, software, networking, and other systems in order to make divergent system components work together effectively.
- Write Software/Application Code (45%): Write, debug, diagram, create flow charts and codes, and document programs in order to develop or refine software applications that meet customer needs.
- Other duties as required: Job performance requires fulfilling other incidental or related duties as assigned, assisting and training others, and performing duties of higher rated positions from time to time for developmental purposes.
- Develop Relationships: Able to relate with others while build credibility and rapport; give personal support and reassurance; put others at ease; build cooperative relationships.
- Analytical Problem Resolution: Able to use systematic techniques to define problems, options, and solutions; evaluate alternative solutions; solve technical or complex problems using logic.
- Verbal Communication: Able to clearly express ideas, information, or concerns with the spoken word; present verbal information in a straightforward manner; ask questions in order to open channels of communication; listen to understand perspective of others.
- Integrity: Able to demonstrate consistency of words and actions; protect confidential information; do what is right even when no one is watching; demonstrate sound business ethics; consistently comply with organizational values.
- Versatility: Able to take on new or multiple roles and responsibilities and do them well; be flexible when considering options or opinions; be open to new ideas and change.
- Team Work: Able to cooperate to build consensus; able to assist others to achieve team goals; participate in meetings so they are productive; take on extra work to meet team objectives.
- Adaptability: Able to adjust approach when dealing with arrogant or inflexible people; adapt to changes in situation, direction, or people; adjust to needs of others without losing self-esteem.
- Patience: Able to allow others to learn or make mistakes without negative reaction; wait for others to understand, learn, or catch up; hear people out before forming a response; take time to work through obstacles.
- Problem Solving: Able to exercise judgment in building realistic solutions to problems; understand the real issues behind problems; use common sense and take practical action to solve problems.
- MVS Systems knowledge: Minimum 5 years experience programming in a MVS environment.
- Development in Business application software: The position involves supporting insurance business processes, and specifically Billing and Claims applications.
- Communications: Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- BA/BS - Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience in IT
- High degree of proficiency in COBOL, CICS and other mainframe-based tools
- Database knowledge of DB2 and SQL Server
- Expertise in programming in JAVA, SWING, JSP, and HTML
Will require travel between Arizona and California
For more information please submit resume or contact: