IMMEDIATE OPENING – TEMPORARY POSITION
Local, woman owned creative services, media production, and training firm immediately needs two writers for a two month, full time(40 hours a week) temporary job. This could lead to a permanent position.
The staff writer is responsible for analyzing prior responses to requests for proposals (RFPs) as well as actual awarded contracts. The writer will prepare a comprehensive detail of the Company’s performance history that can be utilized in preparing future responses to RFPs. The detail will be organized by experience type and designed to provide maximum flexibility when responding to a variety of tasks/services. They will also provide proposal development duties such as technical writing, editing, and participating in proposal reviews to ensure winning messages are incorporated within each proposal and across all volumes and sections.
- Develop a library of prior performance to be utilized when replying to RFPs
- Collaborates with team members to develop proposal sections that clearly articulate the team’s overall solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, win themes, and discriminators.
- Applies interpersonal and interviewing skills to gather needed information from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to support writing activities.
- Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections ensuring compliance with all RFP requirements.
- Performs desktop publishing for proposals in MS Word to ensure proposal documents are properly formatted, easy to read, and visually appealing.
- Performs proofreading and editing to ensure clarity, punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
- Performs technical writing and editing to produce written proposal content that is clear and concise, reviewing and rewriting proposal sections and content as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, Journalism, Communications or similar degree.
- Prior experience in grant, RFP or technical writing is required.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Office using MAC is required.
- Ability to support multiple concurrent proposal efforts with shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with ability to set and manage deadlines.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $30.00 per hour
- grant, technical, and RFP writing: 2 years (Required)
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift