The Database Administrator III will focus on enhancing and maintaining the company’s Oracle, and SQL Server Database Infrastructure. The infrastructure consists of a variety of applications, including High Jump, PDI, EBS, CAWA, Kronos, and In-house written applications. The candidate must have a solid understanding of relational database technology, operating systems and security, with particular focus on the Oracle/Linux environment. They will administer, maintain, develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure the security and integrity of the company Oracle and SQL Server database infrastructure. They will develop and implement data models and designs and resolve any performance issues. They will ultimately be responsible for the overall execution of all functions associated with the administration of databases. They will be performing code reviews and acting as advisor to DB Developers.
1. Install and Configure new Databases based on best practices and industry standards
- Support the development and infrastructure teams on various projects
- Develop data conversion routines
- Develop overall Database Architecture
- Assist in developing Data Warehouse
2. Install, Configure, and Maintain Oracle Enterprise Manager and Idera monitoring tool:
3. Perform day to day database administration tasks such as:
- Support and mentor the development teams
- Develop PL/SQL packages and SSIS packages or assist developers with it
- Develop overall Oracle Architecture
- Patch Management
- Upgrade Management
- Change management
- Backup/Recovery Management (Develop, Test, Implement)
- Control and monitor user access to databases and maintain database security
- Performance Tuning
4. Perform Capacity Planning
- Maintain effective database performance monitoring procedures
- Allocate storage and develop plans for future storage requirements
- Design, test and implement Oracle and SQL Server high availability solutions
5. Disaster Recovery Planning, Testing, and Execution
6. Maintain documentation of systems and standard operating policies and procedures in accordance with Industry Best Practices. Ensure consistent compliance with policies and procedures by all IT Staff.
7. Serve as primary DBA for Oracle platforms and as backup DBA for SQL Server Database Environment.
8. Be available for 24x7 Support
Under supervision of Director this position will be responsible for the maintenance of the Oracle Database infrastructure. It will require the development and implementation of database standards throughout the Company’s IT department.
This position will have contact will all levels throughout the Company as well as outside vendors and auditors to manage and coordinate the safeguarding of our data. In addition, the position will work closely with the SQL Server Database Administrators to ensure a highly efficient infrastructure across all database platforms.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
BS Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related technical field
Preferred Education:Minimum/Preferred Experience:
Preferred Licenses/Certifications and Skills:
- Databases: Oracle 11g, 12c / SQL Server 2008R2, 2012, 2014, 2016
- OS: Linux Red Hat 6,7 / Windows 2008R2, 2012, 2016
- Other: Installation, Configuration, and administration of Oracle databases. Experience in usage of related tools and technologies, i.e. TOAD, OEM, SQL Plus, PL/SQL, Shell scripting.
- Solid understanding of IT Systems and Security fundamentals. Experience in managing projects with specific database and data warehouse focus.
- Experience in organizing and prioritizing one’s own workload and working in an environment where substantial latitude over one’s work schedule is granted. Experience in effective oral and written communications methods.
Driving/Fleet Vehicle Requirement:
- Oracle Certified DB Processional (preferred)
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator or
- Microsoft Certified Professional or
- Linux Systems experience
- Knowledge of Clustering, Log Shipping, and Replication methods for Oracle DB
- Knowledge of Operating system architecture, functions, facilities, and structure
- Ability to organize and express technical facts well, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to Consistently maintain the high professional standards in interactions with internal and external counterparts
Less than 5%
Hours & Conditions:
This is exempt full time position. Regular 40 hours week is expected. Off hours support might be required.