With direction from region/and customer care leadership, this role organizes and directs all activities associated with large customer care center operations, including developing and implementing policies and procedures on systems and the flow of information. This includes but is not limed to the identification, consolidation and deployment of center activities and initiatives. The objective is to keep the department running in an efficient and profitable manner, to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention and to meet their expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Knowledge and Skill
- Implements and manages one care center that provides customer service to one or more sites and/or a regions
- Improves customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth.
- Takes ownership of customer's issues and follow problems through to resolution.
- Provides strategic direction and leadership to the customer care centerto ensure efficient, timely, and accurate processing of all work. This includes staying current on relevant industry changes, ensuring proper staffing, maintaining vendor relationships and creating/maintaining the department's budget.
- Ensures the proper systems, procedures, internal controls, quality standards, metrics, and quality control processes are in place for the department's work. Develops service procedures, policies, and standards. Recommends process improvements that will create the most efficiency while maintaining service expectations. Maintains an orderly workflow according to priorities.
- Analyzes changes in company products and procedures that affect the customersand implement appropriate changes. Coordinates and communicates the changes to other departments.
- Analyzes trends in metrics, satisfactions scores, sales results and implements action to meet and exceed goals and expectation. Controls resources and utilize assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets
- Accountable for identifying improvement opportunities and implementing action plans to address any issues within the customer care center
- Complies with, supports, and enforces Advanced Disposal's policies and procedures.
- Maintains and supports strong, open communications between customer care center, field operations and sales to effectively direct and manage the customer care center.
- Keeps accurate records and documents customer service actions and discussions. Keeps the Senior Team informed of progress, issues, problems and successes. Provides direct guidance to staff and the management team within the customer care center to create and maintain a positive and professional work environment focusing on customer care excellence
- Recruits, trains, motivates, and develops staff in order to meet the current and future needs of the department and the company. Challenges others to develop as leaders, while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Partners with customer care team and IT teams to provide and maintain system and telephony requirements that support the business with the center
- Maintains discipline, resolves problems, determines performance, and recommends promotions, transfers or dismissals.
- Adheres to and manages the approved budget
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Associate's Degree required. Bachelors preferred.
- Seven (7) years supervisory experience to include overseeing a Customer Care/Service call center environment, managing a minimum of 25 customer care representatives; preferably within a related industry.
- Experience must include time spent in a Customer Care Representative role including but not limited to daily heavy call volume and direct communication with customers.
- In-depth experience with telephony systems, reporting systems and analysis/interpretation of results to drive center performance improvements
- Knowledge of all facets of call center management including data analysis, customer facing transactions and customer retention strategies.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and work well with others as part of a team.
- Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques
- Working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools
- Awareness of industry's latest technology trends and applications
- Ability to think strategically and to lead
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills: excellent organizational skills.
- Customer service orientation
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of work processing and spreadsheet computer applications (Excel/Microsoft Word skills required.)
- Professional image representative of company image.
- Proven ability to motivate people, inspire teamwork, and supervisor others
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move records, files, and reports weighing up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal work schedule is Monday through Friday (business hours), but must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays on select occasions.
- Physical requirements include walking, sitting, standing, reaching, lifting, finger dexterity, seeing details at close distances, and hearing and communicating clearly