Weir has been in business since 1871 and our sustainability and success has been built on attracting, retaining, and developing exceptional people.
As a global company, employing around 15,000 people in over 70 countries, we reflect the diversity of our customers in the diversity of our people and ensure everyone is given the opportunity to flourish regardless of their gender, race, beliefs or background.
Weir is an inclusive and innovative organisation where you can be your authentic self. We continually develop our talent and diversity of thought to keep our business relevant, innovative and successful for the future.
Enabling our people to unleash their full potential is central to ‘We are Weir’, our vision, mission, and strategic priorities. We aim to be the most admired engineering business in our markets and we'll achieve that ambition by being the employer of choice in our markets.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities across a variety of technical and business roles in engineering, manufacturing and service locations worldwide.
Business Need / Purpose of Role
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for scheduling appointments, providing general information to clients and customers, and provides administrative support to management and executive staff daily.
Objectives & Measurement - Key Responsibilities
Including but not limited to:
- Arranging meetings and other gatherings
- Creating and maintaining office documents: office documents such as, invoices, reports, data sheets have to be created and maintained by an administrative assistant
- Routes incoming mail to appropriate recipients
- Overall office keeping: administrative assistant has to maintain the inflow and outflow of goods (paper, pens, pencils, notepads etc.), arrange for repair and maintenance of office equipment, receive, store and maintain inventory of office supplies and equipment, and send, receive and sort mail and other packages
- Making travel arrangements: when the employer or the department has to travel some place on official work, the administrative assistant makes arrangements for the travel and stay
- Interaction with clients and customers: administrative assistants interact with clients and customers and keep track of the improvements Client/customer relations have to be maintained and any complaints or problems go through the administrative assistant to the employer
- Maintaining confidentiality in all aspects on the firm’s dealing and working
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or GED with minimum of two (2) years’ experience in administrative role or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess excellent communication skills and proficient use of MS Office tools.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations in English and Spanish. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Clear, rational and logical thought processes. Capable of drawing engineering conclusions from modeling and analysis activity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (all tools). Must also be proficient in internet, photo copiers and scanners, printers, fax and possess ability to operate a switchboard.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work outside for short periods of time and is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment can be significant, as expected in a heavy industry manufacturing facility. Personal protective equipment is required in certain areas of the facility. While performing duties this job may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Safety and Security
- Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed