Prepares and uses models for schedule simulations, logistics planning, constructability, support, and other preconstruction and construction activities as needed.
- Knowledge of general contract, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications also desirable.
- Should be proficient with computer applications as required to perform responsibilities.
- Should specifically be proficient with BIM and Revit.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret drawings.
- Solid knowledge of drafting procedures (retrieving and applying information from various specifications and submittals, release and revision of drawings, etc.) Strong proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Ability to visualize and coordinate work in 3D.
- Expert level of verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations with tact, diplomacy, influence and sensitivity.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
- Experience with BIM execution plans Experience with various BIM software, i.e., Revit, Glue 360, AutoDesk
Education/ Certifications: Bachelor's required
Average day to day responsibilities:
- Leads the project team to develop and implement a coordinated model that is fit for fabrication Leads collaboration and communication efforts between project team and customer during construction through the use of BIM Modeling.
- Holds EOR and Design Team accountable for a coordinated model that is at a minimum Level of Design: 300 Establishing and implementing project-related standards to facilitate team-based communications and file transfers.
- Has an understanding and comfort level with regards to Revit Coordinates and has oversight of BIM Modeling of commercial mechanical duct/piping systems and commercial plumbing systems and coordinates the effort with architectural, structural, and other trade disciplines.
- Prepares drawings according to specifications, approved submittals, and guidance provided by management.
- Documentation and visualization of RFI’s, assumptions and qualifications, and any other communication purposes.
- Building System special studies (envelope, foundations, MEP, etc) Produce and utilize models by others for scope visualization, package breakdowns, etc.
- Produce Logistics and safety planning models as applicable and related documentation for communication, etc.
- Read, analyze and interpret construction drawings.
- Develops and maintains drawings in an organized package.
- Ensures drawings are prepared with accuracy, neatness and per work schedule. Ensures drawings are produced using company standards and procedures. Uses CAD-Duct, CAD-Pipe to develop designs in a 3D environment.
- Oversight of spool drawings for prefabrication. Communicates drafting issues to management, project staff and other trades in both verbal and written forms. May assist with data collection and/or field verification.
- Maintains files for all drawings and project documents.
- Responsible for careful observance of corporate policies and objectives.
- Scheduling of Department workload Provides hands-on training for PMG staff of use of BIM tools within PMG’s processes.
- Serves as point of contact with A/E community regarding PMG BIM standards and requirements to facilitate a collaborative environment.
Indeed Hire and Page Mechanical Group Inc are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- BIM execution plans with various BIM software, i.e., Revit,: 1 year (Preferred)
- BIM related: 2 years (Required)
- working in commercial mechanical drafting: 3 years (Required)
- general contract, subcontract documents, drawings, and speci: 1 year (Preferred)
- Glue 360, AutoDesk: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fort Myers, FL: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)