ABOUT US: ZOOMLION, a leading player in the global engineering machinery industry is growing and has positions available at Zoomlion North America's engineering research and development center in Yorkville, Wisconsin.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity to share and expand your skills, consider joining Zoomlion North America’s creative, innovative and collaborative team, where we live these concepts….every day. Our R & D Center in Yorkville, Wisconsin is a great place to become globally connected in a multi-cultural team driven environment.
Here at Zoomlion, we are looking for the most qualified applicants who are inspired by the opportunity to create innovative technology driven solutions for a global market.
As a Sr. Mechanical Engineer - Powertrain(Engine Installation) for agricultural or off-road heavy construction equipment, you will provide specialty research and development, engineering design, analysis, system simulation, and performance enhancement in strategic powertrain technology areas. In addition, you will:
- Design / Develop the integration of Engines, Cooling system and Aftertreatment devices for applications in the Ag or Construction Equipment industry.
- Develop Power and Torque curves, in conjunction with Engine Supplier, for both Ag and Construction Industry applications.
- Simultaneously support multiple projects in different phases of development.
- Conduct and/or participate in FEA and CFD analysis of the Engine Installation, Cooling Systems, Aftertreatment Systems and any auxiliary systems.
- Work with suppliers to validate product designs to meet specifications.
- Lead design reviews for Engine and related systems during the development process to ensure designs meet requirements, are cost effective, manufacturable and meet quality targets.
- Participate in prototype builds, vehicle validation, and field testing both domestically and abroad.
- Orchestrate and participate in Quality driven initiatives such as APQP or Six Sigma for: Engine, Cooling and Aftertreatment systems.
- Author performance specs, test procedures, and design standards in the following areas of: Engine Installation, Cooling System, Aftertreatment devices.
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Mechanical, Industrial, Ag Engineering or related study
- 5 plus years of experience in design & manufacturing of driveline systems, such as engines, transmissions, drive shafts, differentials and the final drive of off-highway vehicles (including aerial work platforms, agriculture, construction, mining machinery)
- Powertrain and controls system experience related to the design and development of mobile equipment.
- Experience in systems engineering, DOE, and optimization.
- Durability attribute and advanced fatigue theory knowledge is required, including experience with engine and vehicle validation and durability processes.
- Competent in CAD software, i.e. CREO, Pro-E, AutoCAD, NX required.
- Master's Degree Preferred, Field of Study: Engineering or Business
- CFD and FEA (ANSYS), a plus.
- Multi-Body Dynamic tools (Adams and/or MatLab Simulink) which incorporate FEA flex bodies for loads generation and durability analysis is a plus.
- Zoomlion NA offers competitive pay and benefits.
- Job location is Yorkville, Wisconsin
- Zoomlion NA will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Engineering: 5 years