Work for Indiana
Join U.S News & World Report’s #1 state government! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering applicants stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
About the Indiana State Personnel Department
As an agency operating a shared services model with embedded HR teams, it’s up to us to provide all executive branch agencies with top-notch HR solutions. As a full service HR provider, Indiana State Personnel Department (INSPD) has opportunities in every discipline along each step of your career path.
About the Job
The Regional Human Resources Consultant embodies self-motivation, initiative, HR knowledge, and analytical thinking. This team player assists our agency in all facets of HR, from employee relations to FMLA and performance management. The role interacts with all levels of the organization and is at the core of HR presence at our branches.
A day in the life
- Provide day-to-day HR consultation, training, guidance, and solutions to branch leadership
- Conduct investigations on alleged employee misconduct and make recommendations as needed
- Coordinates and conducts agency orientation for branch employees
- Identify areas of opportunity within the employee lifecycle and make recommendations for improvement
- Conduct regular branch visits
- Answer routine and non-routine requests for information on policy interpretation
- Uses employment data to ensure HR is aligned with achieving agency metrics
- Present HR information at quarterly branch meetings
What we’re looking for
Ability to travel, 6 years of experience, and extensive knowledge in employee relations, benefits, employment law, and specific HR programs such as Affirmative Action and ADA.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong project and time management skills
- Leadership skills with the ability to mentor and develop staff
- Ability to formulate sound recommendations and anticipate problems that could have an agency-wide effect
- Drive to develop HR programs and policies
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Choose from four medical plans (including RX coverage), vision and dental
- Wellness program that offers eligibility into a discounted medical plan
- Health savings account, offered for most medical plans, includes state contributions
- Deferred compensation account (similar to a private sector’s 401 K plan) with employer match, as well as a choice between two fully funded pension plans
- Group life insurance
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time off
- The State of Indiana offers other generous leave policies covering a variety of employee needs
- 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- New parent leave
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year