Mitsubishi Power Aero LLC is headquartered in Glastonbury, Connecticut, USA, and is a group company of Mitsubishi Power Americas, Inc. Mitsubishi Power Aero is the OEM and the exclusive provider of aero-derivative gas turbine packages based on the advanced technology of Pratt & Whitney® proven aircraft engines. For 60 years, Mitsubishi Power Aero products and services have been the innovative solutions that our global customers require to deliver reliable, affordable electricity to their consumers.
Our customers rely on us to offer a true partnership for the entire life cycle of their gas turbines and to provide the best advice, monitoring, upgrades, retrofits, and repairs available to keep their operations running smoothly. We offer a rare level of customization, hands-on service, and responsiveness. Speed, flexibility, and durability are hallmarks of our products and customer support, as well as our culture.
Mitsubishi Power Aero has installed more than 2,000 gas turbines in over 50 countries. Our portfolio of aero-derivative gas turbine engines offers competitive, efficient, and flexible products that generate 30 to 140 MW of power in peaking, baseload, and on-demand power applications. As the demand for power expands, and more intermittent sources of power are introduced to power grids, Mitsubishi Power Aero will continue to play a vital role in providing energy security to customers around the world.
We integrate resources and create synergies with other Mitsubishi Power companies, allowing us to deliver optimized technical and commercial solutions. Customers respect our rich heritage as an innovator and value our financial stability as part of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Group, a global leader in energy. Connect with us at aero.power.mhi.com.
The Senior Analyst will perform procurement functions including initiating competitive quotations, issuing purchase orders, and managing the delivery of orders in accordance with project builds.
· Establish, evaluate, and select suppliers to develop a qualified supplier base
· Responsible for reviewing requests for procurement and issuing the related RFQs and subsequent POs
· Independently perform a complete analysis of customer requirements and supplier input to obtain the best possible procurement package relative to cost, schedule, and quantity
· Independently negotiate with suppliers and act as an intermediary between internal customers and suppliers
· Negotiate Commercial Terms & Conditions.
· Drive process improvements with internal customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders
· Reduce quality-related turn backs and compel improved performance from suppliers
· Monitor and maintain all open purchase orders; communicate status to internal customers
· Manage suppliers to verify compliance to purchase order requirements
· Establish/sustain supplier relationships
· Problem solving of procurement issues as they arise
· Support cost reduction tasks
· Perform other such duties as may be required
· Strong Microsoft Office computer skills
· Experience and knowledge of Procurement processes and SAP
B.S. Business Administration; Supply chain management
20-40% travel will be required to visit suppliers
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- SAP: 3 years (Preferred)
- Procurement: 3 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture