Plans, designs, and directs civil engineering projects by performing the following duties.
- Serves as project engineer with significant autonomy for project related tasks and as a designated client contact. May have project manager responsibilities on smaller, less complex projects.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets for smaller, less complex projects.
- Responsible for project schedules and timely completion of smaller, less complex projects.
- Assists in the coordination of pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
- Assists in the preparation of engineering agreements for his/her projects within the department.
- Prepares design computations and quantity estimates.
- Prepares or modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction documents, studies, permits and designs for various projects.
- Develops construction cost estimates for his/her projects.
- Attends client and public meetings—days or nights.
- Handles routine contract administration.
- Responsible for control of work-in-process, ensures accurate client billings, and monitors outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on his/her projects.
- May direct and/or supervise the work of other engineer's activities on his/her projects.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Instructs CADD technicians to reduce designs to working drawings.
- May serve as onsite project representative.
- Visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Responsible for project team quality system tasks as defined in the quality manual.