Entry to Mid-level systems engineer to join the team responsible for the design, development, production, integration and life cycle support of the active sonar Transmit Group (TG) onboard U.S. Navy submarines. The active sonar transmit group produces the high energy pulses of sound that travel through the water to identify targets of interest. The TG team works with the Navy, internal production staff and representative from other companies that provide companion systems and services to ensure TG systems meet all requirements, are delivered on time and function properly both in a laboratory environment and onboard U.S. Navy submarines. Technical experience in power systems and/or analog electronics is preferred but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with development, system engineering, and production teams to accurately identify, characterize, resolve, document, and track hardware deficiencies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve transmit group hardware issues in the system integration and test, production, and power lab environments.
- Develop technical presentations, recommendations, and written communications to explain issues to the program management and Navy customer team.
- Create, review, and execute hardware design documentation such as interface control drawings, assembly drawings, test procedures, and other technical documents.
- Research and develop product specifications and interface requirements.
- Resolve complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design issues.
- Evaluate components to determine performance impacts to existing designs.
- Interact with customers at technical and programmatic levels.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Candidates should have technical acumen, an educational background and expertise (experience preferred) in power systems and/or analog electronics hardware development and troubleshooting; be able to rapidly adapt to handling power systems/analog technical issues found in system integration labs, field environments and during production; and be able to steadily develop knowledge/expertise across the various tactical baselines and submarine platforms. Successful candidates will be reliable, motivated and be able to work effectively individually or as part of a team.
Travel may be required as part of this position, but not on a regular basis.
Overtime may be required as part of this position as needs arise.
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security clearance
- B.S. degree in Systems Engineering or a related technical field (or equivalent experience) is required.
- Understanding of power/analog hardware and systems, and electronics troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with hardware and system integration testing (Assembly Level Test / Unit Test / Integration Test / System Performance Test).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at email@example.com or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Progeny Systems has a proven track record of transitioning numerous SBIR contract awards into full-scale production, and has also successfully competed with large defense corporations. Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)