- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
- Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Complete shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, and certificates of origin.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
- Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
- Complete customs paperwork.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- 1 year of freight forwarding Import/export experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Import/Export: 1 year (Required)