Experienced Human Resources Assistant
Papa & Barkley of California is an award-winning producer of high-quality cannabis-infused wellness products, most recently recognized in the Best Topical's category at the 2018 High Times SoCal Cannabis Cup. The company also produces and sells cannabis extracts and oils under its P&B Labs line.
Papa & Barkley’s dynamic and driven leadership team has deep operational and technical market expertise in cannabis production, extraction methodologies and product development. Our culture reflects the emphasis we place on operating as a team. We have a strong vision with a focus on the science, and a shared belief in the power of the plant across multiple extraction modalities and delivery systems. As a fully-licensed cannabis company we are scaling our model and becoming a leader in the emerging California Cannabis market.
Our Human Resources department provides support in the areas of staffing, compensation and benefits, employee relations, organizational development and legal compliance. The Human Resources Assistant is a highly organized, self-motivated professional who has the ability to meticulously compile, organize and report sensitive and critical information. This position will utilize their organization skills to keep HR information orderly and compliant, while also using their administrative skills to anticipate departmental needs and respond accordingly. The Human Resources Assistant must be one-step ahead and think outside the box in a fast-paced environment while providing excellent customer service. Cannabis Industry experience a plus.
- First point of contact for employee inquiries and properly directs concerns to appropriate parties to coordinate fast and effective resolutions. Responsible for overall departmental flow and organization.
- Promote and support Company culture by being a champion of a positive work environment and leading by example.
- Assist in payroll functions including bi-weekly processing.
- Data entry: input paid time off balances and verification of employee data in Company system. Maintain data integrity.
- Administers employee on-boarding, including processing new hire paperwork and ensuring all information is correct in Company system.
- Administers employee exiting including final wages, exit alerts, the collection of equipment etc., access deletion, and processing all termination information in Company system.
- Communicate company policies, procedures, and benefit information to employees including the maintenance of all legal posting requirements.
- Maintain employee and company files according to internal retention policies and all legal compliance requirements.
- Supports recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt workers by managing recruiting staff.
- Create new ways to measure employee morale and determine methods for improving overall employee satisfaction.
- A minimum education level of: High school Diploma or equivalent (Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) in Human Resources, Psychology, or Business Administration preferred)
- 2-4 years of related work experience
- Previous administrative experience supporting a department or executive
- Satisfactory experience in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Google Suite
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Proven ability to utilize discretion and best judgment when handling confidential information
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- A working knowledge of HR compliance laws and regulations
- Occasional Travel Required
Physical demands and abilities
- Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Regularly move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly
- Regularly spend long hours in intense concentration reviewing payroll and resumes
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Regularly understand the speech of another person
- Frequently work in on projects that require deadlines
- Occasionally lift 5-10 pounds
Salary Range $45,760-55,000 based on experience and education
Job Type: Full-time
- Recruiting: 4 years (Preferred)
- human resources: 4 years (Preferred)
- Payroll processing: 4 years (Preferred)
- Cannabis Industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Los Angeles, CA (Required)