American Office is seeking highly motivated, project design professionals to join our team as a Project Designer.
In this position, you will work with a dedicated Team to develop layouts, designs, specifications, finish concepts, and color and materials solutions for Systems Furniture, Seating, Case Goods and related furniture and component solutions. This includes working with the sales team and clients to assess design requirements, develop conceptual design plans and elevations, complete product research, field measuring and verification, space programming, communicating with vendors, and preparing installation drawings.
· Working knowledge of commercial office space planning
· Systems furniture specification, casegoods, and ancillary furniture planning and specification
· Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2012 or higher, 2020 Cap Studio
· Ability to learn new design and specification software
· Strong customer service approach with creative solutions
· Responsive to schedule requirements
· Work well in a team environment with Sales, Project Management & Design.
· Coordinate multiple tasks and projects effectively
· Polite and cordial interaction with customers and fellow employees
· Communicate information clearly and accurately
· Prepare and organize Meeting notes
Preferred Experience and Education:
· Graduate of a four-year program with a Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design.
· 2 or more years Furniture Dealership Design experience
· AutoCAD 2012 or higher, Cap Studio
· Large furniture manufacturer product experience
· Bachelor's In Interior Design
· AutoCad 2012 or higher: 1 year
· Cap 2020 Design Studio: 1 year
Job Type: Full-time