Developer/Builder has an immediate need for a Construction Management Director for a $15M-20M high-rise style mixed use project in Salisbury, Maryland.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills required of the position.
- Work with the estimating department during pre-construction process to provide insight on schedule and construction methods
- Develop critical path schedule
- Adhere to timelines and manage workflow according to demand, develop well-structured and realistic work plans with clear breakdown of tasks.
- Establish project-specific quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) plan and consistently inspect work in progress for compliance
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction and on-site supervision of subcontractors and all construction operations, subcontractor scheduling, and material deliveries.
- Responsible for managing all site safety
- Responsible for detailed daily reports to document manpower, weather, work completed, QA/QC reports, accident reports, etc.
- Maintain all project documents including but not limited to an organized daily log, schedule of work (SOW), contact list, project folder and building plan review.
- Track change orders and complete required reporting
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all employees, customers, subcontractors, suppliers, architects, engineers and government agencies
- Be the direct contact for the project owner and their consultants
- Minimum 10 years' experience in multiple, concrete frame, multi-story projects from ground breaking to final occupancy
- Applicants must include a project list with dates, locations, and approximate dollar values with resume when applying
- Exhibit strong leadership qualities, ability to delegate work appropriately
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Thorough understanding of project plans, specifications, and applicable building and safety codes as affected by local, state, and federal ordinances
- Ability to read blueprints, structural drawings and plan sets
- Proficient computer software skills, capability to select and implement construction software is preferred
- OSHA certified
- Ability to complete project on time and within budget
- Interested in working in a fast pace start-up environment with a “can-do” attitude. Candidates should be willing to help develop new systems and improve upon overall business operations.
Standard Office Environment 10-50% of time Site 50-80% of time. Lifting Required. Potential Exposure to Chemicals Potential while on site. Exposure to Loud Noises 10-20% of time.
Our employees enjoy a friendly working environment, opportunities for professional growth and a competitive compensation package. Simpson Building Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and values our diverse workforce.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $146,000.00 to $156,000.00 /year
- High-Rise Construction Management: 5 years (Required)
- Construction Management: 10 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance