The Assistant Property Manager is involved in all aspects of day-to-day operations of multiple commercial properties, including accounting, tenant relations, maintenance and repair, security, janitorial services, landscaping, etc. The Assistant Property Manager resolves tenant issues and service requests and must be familiar with the terms of tenant leases. The Assistant Property Manager assists in the preparation of the annual budgets, reporting and financial performance of the properties.
The following attributes are desirable for job success: willingness to travel, exceptional communication and organizational skills; detail oriented and accuracy especially with numbers; customer service experience; ability to work under pressure; self-motivated and self-directed; ability to assert oneself; exemplary time management skills; ability to work with staff in solving problems and ability to take direction and function as part of a team.
Your Key Responsibilities...
- Provide excellent tenant service. Respond to tenant requests/issues in a timely and courteous manner and generate work orders directed to vendors or maintenance staff. Follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue. Ensure that there is 24-hour emergency coverage for the property at all times.
- Conduct monthly janitorial and landscape inspections of the properties with service contractors and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and the proper upkeep of the properties which may require occasional travel.
- Prepare and maintain Tenant Improvement Reconciliation reports.
- Ensure that property and lease files are properly maintained and kept up to date in accordance with company policy. Prepare and maintain appropriate tenant lease files, records, correspondence and file notes.
- Assist with administering tenant occupancy including providing the new tenant with an introduction letter regarding emergency contacts, insurance requirements, rent collection procedures, and maintenance request procedures.
- Proficient with the Angus property management software. Coordinate with Tenant Coordinator entry of all property information into the software program and establish reporting protocols for maintenance requests, preventative maintenance, vendor and tenant Certificates of Insurance and key lease date tracking. Monitor all key dates and reporting within the Angus system.
- Assist the Property Manager with establishment of the Property Management Plan, Preventative Maintenance Policies and Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Manual.
- Obtain property vendor bids (janitorial, landscape, security, etc.); prepare contracts based on selected vendor Coordinate tenant move-ins; production and ordering of signs, tenant identification, etc.
- Assist in the production of monthly and annual reports.
- Maintain tenant contact database.
- Contact all vendors when maintenance is required on general office equipment.
- Coordinate regular inventories of all business properties.
- Work with building engineers to obtain estimates/bids for repairs at the property. Generate and track Service Orders, approvals and distribution.
- Prepare monthly accruals
- Supports Property Manager in completing the monthly variance and financial reports.
- Review monthly pre-posting reports for tenant rents.
- Assist with the preparation of Operating Expense Estimates and Prior Year Reconciliations.
- Prepare A/R monthly reports detailing tenant account balances, collection efforts, etc.
- Prepare TSI (Tenant Service Income) invoices and bill backs as required.
- Ensure proper property coding on invoices.
- Investigate cost reduction opportunities.
- Calculate utility bill-backs to tenants from meter readings.
- Assist corporate accounting with questions related to the properties and resolution of vendor issues.
The Assistant Property Manager is charged with supporting the Property Manager efforts in the day-to- day implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well maintained building, placing maximum emphasis on positive responses to the concerns and needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs in coordination and conjunction with the Ownership's goals and objectives.
To do this effectively you should have...
- Full-time salary position.
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or University with two to three years' industry experience/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- 3+ years of directly relevant Commercial Real Estate Property Management experience.
- Familiarity with maintenance accounting software (i.e. Angus, etc.) a plus.
- Effectively prioritize and multi-task. Proactive, initiate follow-through.
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong working knowledge of general office equipment (copiers, fax machines, scanners).
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with peers, managers and clients.
- Dependable & flexible as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Tenant Construction a huge plus.
The qualification requirements, physical demands and work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
This job description in no way states or implies that the essential duties described are the only responsibilities. The employee is required to follow any other instruction and to perform any other work duties at the request of the supervisor or other management personnel.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Assistant Property Manager: 3 years (Preferred)