McClintock Homes is currently accepting applications for a Purchasing Manager. McClintock Homes is part of a group of companies that enjoy great synergy and we have a wide runway in front of us. We are positioned for extraordinary growth and need experienced team members.
Only those with Purchasing experience with a new home builder need to apply.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and implement construction proforma/budget for each job
- Negotiate pricing contracts with subcontractors and supplies
- Issue purchase orders for procurement and expedition of materials and equipment for jobs
- Meet subcontractors and suppliers on-site as necessary
- Ensure compliance to budgets and provide analysis of deviations
- Ensure accurate takeoffs to ensure budget accuracy
- Maintain subcontract and supplier insurance policies
- Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification
- Maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Handle change order requests
Must have the following skills and knowledge:
- Ability to read and understand construction plans
- Ability to accurately describe and assess the status of a construction project and be ready to provide possible solutions when necessary
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with subcontractors, suppliers and clients
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities with experience with complex transactions
- Excellent computer skills and willingness to learn
- 3 years of experience in purchasing with a homebuilder preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Building Science or Construction Management preferred.
The ideal candidate will be personable, professional, detail-oriented and comfortable communicating with and negotiating with subs/suppliers. Knowledge of Brix and/or Mark Systems is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance