Job description: Position Summary:
Demonstrate a love for food and passion for people while creating an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe and clean environment. Promote and deliver a shopping experience focused on providing customers with efficient service through hands-on knowledge of all Deli products. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Operate equipment (e.g., box cutter, knives, slicers, wrappers, scales, processor, fryer, boaster, ovens, compactor, highboy cart, tongs, steamer, food processor, cleaning utensils, shrink wrappers, decorating tube, oven racks and hot cases) according to company guidelines.
- Follow basic product handling procedures.
- Assist with product production, packaging, presentation, rotation and replenishment
- Ensure in-stock position of available product.
- Maintain working knowledge of all Deli equipment.
- Gain and demonstrate a high level of operational execution, product skills and process skills.
- Ensure consistent execution of all Deli standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Utilize accomplished selling skills in order to secure additional sales and use suggestive selling techniques to increase sales of products during sales events.
- Communicate code dating issues and shrink opportunities and monitor product quality to reduce shrink.
- Create a product sales plan for each scheduled shift and identify department opportunities during scheduled shifts and create plans for improvement.
- Plan work duties appropriately during the scheduled shift to accomplish all assigned tasks.
- Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, inclusive of washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Assist general team members as needed.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, walking on uneven ground, turning, standing, reaching stooping/bending, lifting/carrying objects 3 to 60 lbs., and pushing/pulling objects 500 to 1,500 lbs.; occasional lifting/carrying objects more than 60 lbs. and exposure to coolers and freezers (0o-40o).
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED or currently enrolled
- Effective interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; takes initiative
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Ability to read/interpret documents
- Basic math skills (counting, addition, and subtraction)
Leadership Behavior: 01. Lead-In/Motivational Fit,02. Puts the Customer First,03. Provides Clear and Strategic Direction,04. Executes with Excellence,05. Leads Change and Innovation,06. Coaches and Develops Others,07. Leads through Positive Influence,08. Achieves Results through Teamwork,09. Communicates Effectively and Candidly,10. Technical Questions,11. Closing/Motivational Fit
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.40 /hour