Perry Homes is seeking a Divisional Marketing Specialist to join our team!
Since 1967, we have built homes for over 50,000 families and we are still growing.
Bob Perry held a vision for building quality homes at a reasonable price. For more than 50 years, Perry Homes’ continued commitment to quality and value has allowed us to build a sterling reputation as one of the largest and most trusted homebuilders in Texas. In 2015, we were named Builder of the Year by the Greater Houston Builders Association for the third time over the company’s history.
Summary of Position
This position is primarily responsible for all matters involving the marketing and advertising of communities within an operational division. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, detail oriented, and experienced individual who possesses the ability and initiative to develop and implement marketing plans and programs. The Divisional Marketing Specialist works closely with other departments to ensure the effective execution of community and Company-wide marketing needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and evaluate various potential marketing strategies and plans (i.e. “unique selling propositions”) and select the most effective strategy after evaluating various alternatives.
- Visit assigned communities on regular basis to ensure that certain aspects of Marketing Plans are being implemented and used as expected by operational employees. Identify and report to management any issues that arise with respect to marketing efforts undertaken by Sales Professionals. Gather feedback on the utility of marketing and advertising plans and take photographs that may be used in campaigns. Identify potential sources for traffic in each community based on evaluation of a variety of factors relating to that community and its qualified prospects.
- Evaluate traffic and age of inventory homes to tailor marketing and advertising needs for each community.
- Advise Division President and Sales Professionals on various alternative marketing and advertising plans.
- Create, develop and monitor budgets for marketing events
- Represent the Marketing Department at Developer meetings and functions to coordinate community efforts.
- Coordinate the message and means of communication of major advertising efforts to ensure consistency with Company brand and marketing philosophy. Coordinate with Graphic Artists to ensure appropriate marketing and advertising strategies and themes are being accurately and effectively portrayed. Ensure inventory of marketing materials (including but not limited to flyers, signage, and photography) remains satisfactory and current to meet the Company’s needs.
- Evaluate and recommend optimal advertising and media sources to management. Identify, evaluate and make recommendations on the use of various options for advertising and marketing, including but not limited to signage and other outdoor advertising, online and social media, events, e-mail flyers, etc. that the Divisional Marketing Specialist believes most effective to reach the targeted market.
- Prepare reports as necessary and perform cost analyses of various marketing options.
- Analyze the success-level of planned marketing activities (i.e. perform “marketing success analyses”).
- May also be called upon to assist with projects in any division as needed.
- Must sometimes complete projects with very short notice under extreme time constraints.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include study and analysis of online marketing efforts and development of additional online opportunities.
No supervisory responsibilities
- College degree required; preferably in marketing or advertising
- Requires 3 years of relevant experience in a position of responsibility
- Ability to identify and gather relevant data, evaluate its importance and then develop plan of action.
- Experience in the use of demographics, psychographics and statistical data when developing marketing plans.
- Experience in tracking performance of marketing/advertising efforts.
- Ability to develop new ideas and present them persuasively to internal clients and external business contacts.
- Must be able to work independently and use initiative and discretion.
- Strong writing skills with specific experience in preparing marketing plans and summaries.
- Ability to travel.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- New home industry experience a plus.
- Ability to participate well within a strong team environment.
- Demonstrated computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, fractions and decimals, to compute percentages, and to perform basic algebra and geometry.
- Demonstrated organization and time management, which includes the ability to multi-task and run multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining thoroughness and precision.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)