Sr. Software Developer is responsible for designing, developing, and testing of WPF applications using modern frameworks and design patterns. Review code, fix defects and be able to deliver high quality code while documenting and maintaining requirements.
The Sr. Software developer collaborates across all departments of the organization to help design, build, and test custom software to meet business objectives. The position reports to the IT Director of Development and collaborates with the business units and other IT units to achieve its goals.
- Analysis of project requirements and preparation of design documentation
- Creation of detailed design specifications
- Coordinate with team members and other teams to prepare interface specifications and participate in overall system architecture planning
- Communicate project status to IT management
- Create, develop maintain all AUL’s software applications and website
- Plan program code enhancements and changes.
- Create, test, document and maintain new reports using reporting tools.
- Create, test, document and maintain AUL database system
- Provide technical input for risk analysis
- Write, modify and debug software for all applications
- Troubleshoot problem areas related to deployment of any solutions
- Provide assistance to AUL technical support staff as required
- Develop code for different programs including user interface, business and service layers, batch and stored procedures for SQL Server
- Responsible to meet department productivity and quality goals.
- Share responsibilities of semi-weekly publishes of various modules/applications with the rest of the team of developers
- 8 -10 years of hands-on Windows application development experience - required
- Must have strong .Net C# , WPF and WCF experience
- Experience with Entity framework, LINQ and Microsoft SQL Server as backend - required
- Good understanding of MEF – required
- Understanding and usage of MVVM design pattern
- Strong working knowledge of advanced design principles that facilitate maintainability, reuse, and clarity of design
- Experience with Gemini framework is a plus
- Experience working in agile scrum development environment is a plus.
- Bachelor’s in MIS - required
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCPS) - required
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) – required
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) - preferred
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Development: 8 years (Required)
- MCPS: Microsoft Certified Professional (Required)
- United States (Preferred)