The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is friendly, organized and energetic. Receptionists should be comfortable talking to residents, family members and staff. This position will be responsible for maintaining resident fund accounts (an internal online banking system for residents). It will also be responsible for vouchering accounts payables as needed. Candidates should be flexible and willing to help out in any area needed. This position will report to the Administrator and by applying for the position you recognize that nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time. You may be asked to help in other areas of the building as needed for the optimal performance of your building/department and the well-being of our residents.
Essential Job Functions:
As a Receptionist in a Grace Management Services facility you must be able to perform the following essential functions as demonstrated by the ability to:
- Maintain accurate emergency telephone number list.
- Maintain accurate key personnel telephone number list.
- Maintain accurate medical staff telephone number list.
- Operate facility paging system.
- Operate the facility computerized business programs.
- Communicate effectively on telephone, via e-mail, in person.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail.
- Neat, clean and appropriately dressed to present an appearance acceptable to residents and to the public.
- Handle emergency situations in a calm, effective manner.
- Screen all incoming calls.
- Handle all correspondence as assigned.
- Comply with all facility policies and procedures.
- Comply with all state, federal and OSHA regulations.
- Interact with residents and resident representatives and direct them to appropriate individuals.
- Screen all individuals coming into the facility and exercise good judgment in granting entrance.
- Accumulate and maintain accurate statistics as required and directed.
- Handle all correspondence related to business office functions.
- Adhere to company policies and directives from company representatives.
- Attend in-services and seminars as directed by the administrator of your facility.
- Ensure all state and federal guidelines are met.
- 1-2 years of experience in a related field, proficient computer skills, working knowledge of general office machines, excellent grammar and punctuation skills, excellent customer service skills, must demonstrate independent initiative, well organized individual, flexibility with schedule, team player, honest, dependable, trust-worthy, and excellent communication skills
- All candidates must be proficient in basic computer programs including, but not limited to, Word, Excel and Microsoft Operating Systems. Applicants must be able to correspond timely through e-mail, phone, text messaging or other forms of technical communication as needed to successfully complete the requirements for this job. It is required for this position that candidates are able to type at least 36 words per minute. Computer and/or typing tests may be given to candidates for this position as part of the interview process.
- Employees are required to complete monthly on-line education courses to keep our team members knowledgeable on the latest information and regulations. By completing the application for this position, you acknowledge that you feel comfortable meeting these qualifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may be required to:
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Reach above shoulder heights, below waist or lift as required to complete the job responsibilities
- Proper lifting techniques, ability to read computer screens and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions are required
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds. Raising objects from lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This requirement occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
- Must be able to balance, climb, crouch, grasp, kneel, pull, push, reach, stand and stoop adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to hear, smell, feel and speak adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to read and write the English language.
- Must be able to work inside and outside with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
To view the entire job description, please click here.