- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years in a service environment dealing with the public
- 1+ year of experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 1+ year of experience using collaborative document management solutions such as WordDocs, Google Drive, Quip
- Standing and/or walking during a portion of a shift (approximately 2-3 hours)
- Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching during a portion of shift (approximately 2-3 hours)
Amazon is looking for an Operations Support Associate to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new best in class consumer product. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers.
We are seeking a bright, articulate, self-starter with a desire to deliver timely, accurate and professional customer service to Amazon customers. This vital position requires an action-orientated, flexible problem-solver who will assist customers in resolving any and all customer facing problems, including both external and internal customers. This individual will also have the opportunity to perform core internal fulfillment and dispatch logistics tasks.
This is a shift-based position, schedule as follows:
- Current operating hours are 7:30am until 10pm, M-F and Saturday 7am – 12pm.
- Shifts can be determined upon hire. As the business and customer base expands, operating hours and days will expand.
The ideal Amazonian will demonstrate the ability to work independently with the utmost of professionalism, integrity, and dependability. An Amazonian has a bias for action and is strongly self-motivated not only to take great care of our customers, but also to proactively identify systemic issues that need to be resolved to prevent future customer concerns (Amazonians don’t pass the buck when it comes to customer issues). Finally, an Amazonian is supremely internet savvy and has high technical aptitude when it comes to online tools and research and has a passion for continuous learning.
As an Operations Support Associate, you will be responsible for the following:
Dispatch & Routing:
- Handle customer contacts as an input to driving defect elimination via multiple contact channels (phone, chat, and email)
- Exude patience and ownership with each customer
- Relentlessly advocate for the customer experience by challenging the status quo and providing feedback to Amazonians
- Coordinate logistics and balance constraints to ensure timely inbound and outbound flow to help meet customer order times.
- Exception management tasks involving decision making in ambiguous situations
- Efficiently and effectively receive and stock goods following internal processes and procedures
- Accurately pick and pack kits with accuracy and speed, following internal processes and procedures
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- College Degree
- 3+ years as a customer service professional in a call center environment
- Experience with Mac computers and products
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to lead process improvement initiatives with the end customer in mind
- Experience using fast-based, chat-based communication tools to multi-task, solve problems, and communicate with team-members
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and present complex issues correctly and clearly to both internal and external customers
- Ability to effectively manage time, and individually prioritize multiple tasks of competing priority
- Ability to adapt quickly to new processes and tools
- Detail oriented
- Experience working under pressure in a fast-paced work environment while consistently meeting standards for productivity and quality
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.