Seeking 5-10 year DBA/Database Administrator with expereince using ETL, SSAS, SSIS or SSRS, and T-SQL.
Managed service provider encompassing all of financial services (hedge funds, private equity firms, etc.)
- Check and triage database maintenance job failures (ie. backup, DBCC), develop and deploy standard maintenance jobs for all databases, and actively monitor database health and performance. You’ll perform tuning, backups, application testing and diagnostics.
- Write and maintain SQL queries, administer SQL Reporting Services, run diagnostics and build new SQL clusters for optimal throughput.
- Support database servers and terabytes of mission-critical data.
- Assume responsibility for enterprise class systems support, with a key focus on day-to-day operations of SQL Servers (on-prem and in a cloud).
- Support uptime of our servers: troubleshoot issues that may arise e.g. excessive CPU usage, mirroring latency, unexpected log growth. Experience in troubleshooting availability groups is very valuable. Some of this may require responding out of hours.
- Maintenance: We will always be dealing with patching, space issues, query issues etc. We try to automate away as much as we can with PowerShell and tooling.
- At Least 5 Years of experience and knowledge of:
- Databases and Infrastructure
- Relational Schemas
- Automation; PowerShell is a plus
- ETL, SSIS and SSRS
- T-SQL, Stored Procedures
- MCITP or MCSE Certification is a huge plus
Job Type: Full-time
- T-SQL: 2 years (Required)
- database: 5 years (Required)