Our company is looking for an Office Assistant to be responsible for handling clerical tasks in our office. You will be handling incoming phone calls, greeting clients and visitors, preparing permit paperwork, taking and tracking leads, as well as managing files, and performing other general office duties and errands. This job will start as a part time opportunity and based on need will increase to full time.
In order for you to be selected as a candidate, you will need the ability to write clearly and be proficient with word processing applications. A pleasing personality with strong communication skills is also highly valued.
Office Assistant Responsibilities:
- Handling incoming calls and other communications.
- Managing filing system.
- Recording information as needed.
- Greeting clients and visitors as needed.
- Updating paperwork, maintaining documents and word processing.
- Helping organize and maintain office common areas.
- Performing general office clerk duties and errands.
- Aiding with client reception as needed.
- Creating, maintaining, and entering information into databases.
- Applying for roofing permits through building departments.
- Taking and tracking leads.
- Coordinating with sales team on new jobs.
- Assisting with estimates and working with insurance companies.
Office Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma; associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience as an office assistant or in related field.
- Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary.
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Great communication skills.
- Have a valid driver license.
- Experience with JobNimbus and Xactimate preferred.
- Experience with building departments and knowledge of the roofing industry preferred.
Pay will start at $12 per hour, with an opportunity for growth.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Requesting Permits: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)