Must have a passion for helping older adults, positive outlook and be a team player. We offer a pleasant, upbeat, smoke-free environment, with competitive salary and generous benefits package.:
Currently hiring for: FT Vice President of Health Services:
PA Nursing Home Administrator license required:
Current PA license to practice as a Registered Nurse preferred:
The purpose of this position is to provide oversight to the Nursing Home Administrator, Director of Personal Care and Director of Dininer Services MH campus. Ensures that quality services are provided in an effective, efficient manner and in accordance with Mennonite Home Communities standards and Federal, State and local regulations.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/LEADERSHIP EXPECTATIONS:
- Build positive relationships with residents and coworkers, utilizing a person-centered approach.
- Utilize a coaching management style when working with staff.
Be Your Best
- Model the way – model the behavior and performance you expect from others.
- Seek opportunities to grow individually and as a leader.
- Encourage and support the growth and development of others at MHC.
- View feedback from others as a personal development opportunity.
- Create a community of Safety by encouraging and praising staff for “Safe Acts”.
- Hold yourself and your staff accountable for actions/behaviors.
- Appropriately identify and manage your own emotions and the emotions of others:
- Emotional awareness; the ability to harness emotions and apply them to tasks like thinking and problem solving;
- Manage emotions, which include regulating your own emotions (respond instead of reacting to conflict situations) and cheering up or calming down other people.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Build strong teams by recognizing and utilizing the strengths of each member on your team.
- Develop interdepartmental relationships by helping each other in order to serve residents with the highest possible level of care.
- Responsible for supervision of the Nursing Home Administrator (NHA) for Mennonite Home and the overall quality of service delivery in the NHA’s areas of responsibility. The NHA oversees the Healthcare, Community Life, and Therapy departments, Healthcare admissions, Restorative Nursing and the RNACs at Mennonite Home.
- Work with NHA to develop comprehensive QAPI program.
- Supervise the Director of Personal Care and the Director of Dining Services for the Mennonite Home campus.
- Serve as Compliance Official and facilitate Compliance Committee meetings.
- Participate in PCCP bimonthly webinars.
- Provide compliance education for the MHC Board on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible to oversee Clinical Risk Management. This includes working with PCCP Risk Management and the CARE program related to resident risk management issues.
- Provide leadership to the QI process at Mennonite Home.
- Facilitation of LGH Preferred Provider Network (PPN) for Mennonite Home.
- Oversee Resident Satisfaction Survey process for SNF and PC.
- Builds and maintains a strong functional team through effective recruiting, training, coaching, team building, and conducting performance appraisals on a timely basis.
- Provides leadership and management to ensure that the mission statement, core values and core competencies of the organization are put into practice.
- Monitors financial results and payroll data.
- Responsible to actively particpate in advancing Person Centered Care.
- Provide continuous improvement of clinical processes and technologies to be a CCRC of choice for our residents and staff.
- Employee has completed annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the code of conduct in the performance of their duties.
- Knows and follows safety, lifting, pushing, pulling, sanitation, exposure control, infection control, fire and disaster procedures and Residents Rights.
- PA Nursing Home Administrator license.
- B.S. in Nursing or healthcare related field
- Five years experience in a Health Care facility with three years managerial experience.
- Preferred but not required – Current PA license to practice as a Registered Nurse.