Saver Group, Inc.
Job Description –Loss Prevention Associate
Reports to: Regional LP and Safety Manager/Store Manager
Note: This document describes the major responsibilities of the Saver Group Loss Prevention Associate. Management reserves the right to assign other duties as required to ensure efficient company operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice preferred.
- 1 year experience in loss prevention management and/or law enforcement.
- Wicker land and or Reid Interviewing/Interrogation Certified preferred
- Advanced computer skills required/ability to use a variety of software programs is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Good interpersonal communication skills required. Must be able to effectively communicate ideas in both oral and written form.
- Must be able to listen to both employees and customers and solve problems.
- Customer service orientation and willingness to deal with people daily.
- Must be a team player and be willing to assist other employees.
- Ability to self-start and motivate oneself to get the job done even when fatigued.
- Should possess a generalist point of view, i.e., be willing to assist in a variety of assignments and projects.
- Ability to recognize potential unsafe working conditions and report those to the appropriate supervisor.*
Essential Functions/Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with employee theft investigations, documentation and video research
- Work with the Regional Loss Prevention & Safety Manager
- Monitor camera systems
- Conduct payday interviews
- Involved with company related criminal cases
- Working with local authorities to help with investigations and convictions and necessary paperwork for restitution.
- Appear in court as a company representative
- Walk the sales floor regularly to ensure the protection of Saver Group’s property, products, customers & employees.
- Escort and, when necessary, ban unwelcome visitors from the store.
- Identify and report merchandise shortages.
- While following SGI policies, recover stolen merchandise.
- Work with management to promote a safe working environment
- Educate and provide guidance to management on proper safety policies and procedures of Saver Group
- Report unsafe working conditions to Store Manager.
- Ensure that electrical panels and emergency exits are not blocked.
- Ensure that fire extinguishers are properly placed, working correctly, and in date from last inspection.
- Review emergency action plans & make sure DSD books/posters are in plain view in each department.
- Complete safety audits monthly
- Attend safety seminars and meetings as instructed
Environmental Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Position requires some travel 0-25%
- Extended periods of standing and walking.
- Some overnights stays may be required.
- Must be present during company related criminal cases
- Irregular work hours – days, nights, weekends
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement