Performs diversified office-clerical duties including, but not limited to scheduling appointments; facilitating communications; preparing consultation charts; taking and prioritizing telephone calls; maintaining and documenting incoming reports, filing, receptionist duties, and light typing/data entry.
1. Schedules and confirms patient appointments and arrival. Performs other various receptionist duties and maintains reception area.
2. Greet patients and escort them to their exam room.
3. Explain the clinic flow process to patients and family members.
4. Collects, verifies and records demographic, insurance and referral information.
5. Collects, records and receipts outstanding money.
6. Prepares and files patient charts or records.
7. Maintains patient and correspondence transcription records. Collects, sorts, files, locates and distributes needed information, materials, records and paperwork.
8. Operates related office equipment.
9. Answers and processes overflow calls.
10. Typing various correspondence, reports, articles or data entry.
11. May prepare and maintain various statistical data.
12. Keeps inventory and orders supplies.
13. Performs related duties, as required.
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Minimum of one (1) year prior clerical experience, required.
Prior customer service experience, required. Patient relations experience, preferred.
Data entry skills (80 kpm), required.
Working knowledge of PC applications, required.
Ability to communicate effectively.