Associate Engineer – Enterprise Data Protection 1
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The MAXIMUS Enterprise Data Protection team supports the MAXIMUS data centers, cloud locations, and remote offices. The team primarily uses Veritas and Cohesity products to ensure that this data is protected and recoverable. We use those products to ensure that our backups occur via scheduled policies, that servers and the data can be recovered, provide reporting around the data protection processes, and perform restores as requested.
- Administering and implementing backup software like Veritas Netbackup in a large enterprise environment.
- Verifying data is replicated to an enterprise tape library systems
- Monitoring and troubleshooting backup jobs on a daily basis
- Design and implement backup policies to ensure data is protected per SLA requirements
- Upgrade Veritas appliances and maintain current patching levels
- Tune Netbackup appliances and agents to improve backup job performance
- Work with vaulting solution to automate tape export processes
- Work with long term storage vendors like Iron Mountain for archiving of tapes
- Analyze and provide recommendations on expansions and growth of the environment
- Use Netbackup Ops Center to generate reports
- Participate in on-call responsibilities for urgent data recovery processes
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required, equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree
- At least two (2) years of related experience required
- Fundamental understanding of networking concepts and how to troubleshoot their interaction with the backup software
- Understanding of backup software technologies like Netbackup, Netvault, Cohesity, etc.
- Experience with Windows and / or Linux OS
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Ability to sit for up to 80% of time
- Ability to lift or carry objects up to 20 lbs.
- Frequent use of computer, telephone, and office equipment (copier, fax, scanner)
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
Requires Bachelors degree related to the assigned work with little to no experience in discipline.
Works on problems of limited scope.
Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
Builds stable working relations internally.
Entry level position within field.
Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.