Dedicated to helping everyone have access to fair and clear credit.
Mission Lane LLC is a new company dedicated to helping everyone have access to fair and clear credit. We believe in creating a relationship where everybody wins. Our customers do well when they succeed with our credit cards. We do well when they prosper. It's that simple. We're here to provide the best-in-class service our customers deserve. Join us, because where we're going, we're going together.
Mission Lane is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Engineering team. You would be an early hire in a fast-growing startup conveniently located in San Francisco, CA and Richmond, VA. If you are excited about building scalable, highly available systems, then this is the right role for you.
- Engage in and improve the whole life cycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Maintain services in a running state once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Scale systems sustainability through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Practice sustainable incident response (on call rotation) and blameless postmortems
- Lead hiring efforts to grow the SRE team
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding, or equivalent practical experience
- Proficient in Bash and Python
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS and Heroku) and/or infrastructure as code
- Experience with configuration management
- Experience with SaaS monitoring platforms (New Relic, Sumo Logic, etc.)
- Experience with tuning Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and Python run times
- Advanced knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems
- Fundamental knowledge of computer networking
- Able to travel to other company locations on a regular basis
At this time,Mission Lane will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Mission Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.