This is a full-time 2nd shift position. Regular work schedule is Monday to Friday, 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm. Overtime is possible.
The Plate Mounter is part of a team of experts, dedicated to innovation, working day after day to successfully translate graphics into well-known brands in the marketplace. In this role, the Plate Mounter mounts and inspects plates to meet production and customer shipping requirements.
Reports to: Plateroom Manager
1. Produce and/or adhere plate backing as needed, mount and proof plates, clean and seal plates, record billing of time and materials on each job as required.
2. Prepare and inspect mounted plates prior to shipment.
3. Adhere to all established quality and safety standards, work instructions, and standard operating procedures.
4. Perform equipment maintenance as needed or as established by the department manager.
5. Maintain adequate supply of mounting materials on hand at all times. Re-order as needed.
6. Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
7. Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education and/or Experience:
3+ years of plate mounting experience preferred. High School diploma or equivalent is required; Associate Degree in related field preferred. Basic Illustrator software knowledge is essential. Prior experience in printing/publishing is preferred but not necessary.
Equipment/Materials Used: Mounting and Film equipment, ruler, calculator and general production equipment.
Conditions of Employment: Continuous standing, walking with repetitive bending and twisting. Ability to routinely lift up to 40 pounds (and occasionally up to 75 pounds). General vision and hearing.
OEC Graphics offers its employees a clean and safe work environment, surrounded by professionals who have a passion for the graphics industry.This position is full-time, eligible for OEC's comprehensive health and wellness benefits and 401k with company match.
Job Type: Full-time