The Team Lead, Human Resources is responsible for providing leadership, direction, coaching, and mentoring to Human Resources team. In addition this role is responsible for providing overall Human Resources Business Partner support to managers, supervisors, and professionals to ensure alignment of HR practices and behaviors with STEP’s values and culture.
- Provide ongoing direction, leadership and support to the Human Resources function, who may include recruiters, coordinators, analysts, and administrators
- Partner with managers and supervisors on workforce planning, recruitment and selection, employee relations, performance management including discipline and terminations
- Provide research and advice on compliance matters relating to state employment law and DOL requirements and all other applicable legislation
- Identify opportunities where HR can add value to STEP’s operational plans with the development of HR policies, processes, and procedures
- Assists with implementation of HR strategies and programs, including employee engagement, performance and career development, and talent management
- Supports the implementation of recruitment initiatives such as social media recruitment advertising, hiring fairs, and digital recruitment
- Conducts employee exit interviews, summarizes data and prepares quarterly reviews of data for Executives to identify trends and issues requiring action
- Creates employment documentation and letters for offers, promotions, reclassifications, discipline, and termination
- Creates and distributes ad hoc reports and HR metrics
- Analyzes data to identify trends and make recommendations
- Ensures STEP’s HRIS and ATS systems are aligned with current and future growth and recommends appropriate enhancements as required
- Remains current on applicable legislation, human resources and workplace best practices
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in human resources or related discipline and possession of SHRM designation strongly preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years human resources experience, including experience with payroll and benefits
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience within the oil and gas, or oilfield services industry, would be an asset
- Human Resources generalist experience with key areas of human resources including employee relations, compensation, talent management, benefits, employee engagement, and experience with HRIS systems
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with wide range of stakeholders including managers and employees
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent ability to think quickly and make the most effective decisions in high pressure situations.
- Exceptional communication skills – listening, verbal, written
- Ability to consistently deliver a high level of service to managers and employees aligned with STEP’s values and culture, including delivering an EEE (Exceptional Employee Experience) and ECE (Exceptional Customer Experience)
- Ability to coach and guide managers on effective management and direction of their staff to ensure their behaviors align with STEP’s culture
- Leadership, supervisory and customer service skills
- Strong business sense.
- Strong ability to organize daily tasks and work within defined timelines to meet operational requirements as well as document completion and submitting as required.
- Proven ability to perform confidently, accurately, professionally and thoroughly in a fast paced detail oriented environment while supporting all management decisions.