- Maiintain a safe, high quality, efficient working environment.
- Ensure safety training and PPE compliance with Team
- Perform Safety, Housekeeping/5S, and Layered Process audits
- Ensure compliance to ISO standards, conduct ISO audits to ensure process adherence and compliance to achieve world class quality expectation
- Report and disposition of obsolete items and process scrap and implement countermeasures to eliminate/reduce
- Adherence to Shipping Schedules to meet customer delivery expectations. Ensure shipments are timely, complete, and accurate
- Conduct regular team meetings communicating team assignments; key metrics aligned to Safety, Quality, Productivity, Cost, (SQDC) and improvement actions
- Takes appropriate corrective actions when required to meet / maintain operational requirements (SQDC)
- Train new and transferred employees on their job duties and responsibilities; and cross train as necessary.
- Ensures employees are adhering to standardized work processes
- Implements/ Enforces Company policies
- Works well cross functionally with other departments or work groups
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, developing employees, performing performance reviews with leadership.
- Participates in any activities or projects that promote continuous improvement.Any other reasonable request made by management.
- Any other reasonable request made by management.
- Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize and support) are supported and adhered to.
- Minimum 3 years Experience in Shipping/Receiving, Warehousing and Cycle counts
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, OSHA guidelines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Prior experience with ERP systems
- Working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma tools, such as; 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Quick Changeover, 5-why, Fishbone, 8D Problem Solving
- Ability to communicate verbally and written to operators and leadership
- Ability to motivate team members, a passion for improvement, and a willingness to make things better
- Posses solid interpersonal, communication, influencing, self-motivation, self-direction, and other soft leadership skills
- Excellent time management and analytical problem-solving skills
Skills (language, technical, computer etc.)
- General understanding of machinery/equipment, small presses, assembly machinery, etc.
- Strong leadership skills to lead and direct employees
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic computer skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing process
- Sound understanding of TS16949 and ISO14001requirements
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, i.e. Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health & Safety, Human Rights, etc.
- Minimum High School Diploma. Associate/bachelor’s degree preferred
Passion for Excellence
Willingness to Learn
- Understanding and use of relevant KAPS methods and tools in all processes, and adherence to applicable KAPS standards.
- Understanding and use of the applicable Shop floor and Office Management pillars and standards, and active participation in all applicable Shop floor and Office Management meetings and activities.
Managers & Supervisors Responsibilities
(Operation Managers, Area Managers, Area Leaders, Group Leaders, Team Leaders)
Managers and Supervisors are responsible for:
· Setting a good example by using safe practices and following Company and legal requirements.
- Communicating actual or potential hazards to employees.
· Planning and organizing work in a manner that minimizes the risk of injury or illness.
· Providing employees with information, procedures, training, tools, and support to perform work safely.
- Inspecting work areas and correcting any unsafe practice or condition.
- Commending employees on the use of safe work practices.
- Completing incident investigations and implementing corrective action to prevent re-occurrence
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Shipping And Receiving: 3 years (Required)
- ISO Audits: 3 years (Required)
- Compliance ISO standard: 3 years (Required)
- Warehouse: 3 years (Required)
- Osha: 1 year (Required)
- ISO 9001: 2 years (Required)
- automotive facility: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative