At WeVideo we believe that everyone has a story to tell. We have over 22 million users—students, SMBs, and media companies—telling stories every day through videos, podcasts, and photo stories.
Write our next chapter with us! We're looking for a Product Designer with a passion for interaction to join our team.
Some of our accolades include
- Google Play Editors' Choice selection with more than 9 million downloads to date.
- Exclusive digital storytelling solution of Google’s Education Creative Bundle for Chromebooks.
- Microsoft Education Partner.
- Used in 6,500 schools to enhance classroom learning.
A day in the life might include
- Meeting with product manager, design/engineering lead, or customer support rep to understand, prioritize and plan the next project.
- Collaborating in real-time during group critique to improve the work, discover new opportunities and strengthen the design culture.
- Building a simple prototype for a new experience to validate ideas an explain it to others.
- Observing customer interviews and translating them into next design solutions.
- Pairing with engineers to maintain consistent styles across product through validation, testing, and definition of styles.
- Describing, sharing, and promoting the design solutions as they move into development.
- Prototyping simple animations or creating illustrations to complete and enhance the design solution.
As a designer you
- Strive for simplicity in your design solutions minimizing complexity, leveraging existing patterns.
- Have an eye for details—in the code, in the pixels, in the interactions.
- Welcome feedback on your work and are comfortable providing objective actionable feedback.
- Advocate for the user by phrasing your solutions, presentations, and communication with scenarios that promote empathy.
- Collaborate with others but can work on a project independently.
- Have strong self-organization and prioritization skills and can perform well under tight deadlines.
- Can work on multiple projects and move them at different stages.
- Are always seeking to learn new skills and share your knowledge with others to build a stronger team.
- Are open-minded, flexible, highly creative, and have a pragmatic approach to solving problems.
Required skills & experience
- 3-5 years of work experience as a designer; you've created web, mobile or desktop applications.
- BA/BS in fine arts, graphic arts, human factors or equivalent experience.
- Digital UX portfolio that showcases your creative skills, demonstrates a solid understanding of user interface and interaction design principles and best practices.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken). You can promote designs with ease and comfort to communicate concepts clearly.
- Proficient in visual design with strong composition, layout, and color skills.
- Proficient in modern web development design patterns and techniques, including responsive design and animations that support the user experience.
- Practical knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Proficient with Sketch, Adobe After Effects or Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Comfortable with tools like InVision, Lucidchart, Jira, Confluence, Balsamiq, Principle Mirror, Framer, Flinto, moqups, Axure, iRise.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS
- Experience with motion graphics
We're a dedicated, passionate group of people that love to create and share our passions with each other. At any given day you might hear some teammates playing music, get to try a home-baked cake or play board-games during lunch.
Want to join our team? Submit your digital portfolio (with portfolio access details). See you soon