We are currently assisting our client, a global Tier 1 automotive manufacturer, with a Manufacturing Engineer role search near Holland, MI. Reporting to a Manufacturing Engineering Manager, this engineer will be part of a team supporting assembly line operations and for supporting plant metrics and ensuring continuous improvement throughout the site. A qualified candidate will have extensive experience in automotive assembly process engineering with a proactive work ethic.
- Work closely with customers to provide technical expertise and to identify, troubleshoot and resolve all types of process/production issues.
- Manage and lead cross-functional process improvement projects and business wide improvement initiatives to reduce errors, waste and product defects.
- Assess, develop, and implement Lean Manufacturing action plans to support achievement of strategy deployment and strategic business growth
- Develop methods, processes, and procedures that will improve processes, eliminate failures and reduce manufacturing costs
- Oversee the efficiency and safety of current manufacturing processes
- Test, install, and commission manufacturing assembly lines for new products
- B.S. in Engineering required, Mechanical\Electrical preferred
- 5+ years in manufacturing environment required; automotive manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong understanding of lean manufacturing/Continuous improvement
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)