Candidate must have at least 10 years of experience designing, implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting large-scale enterprise networks. The candidate needs a strong understanding of routing, switching, WAN technologies, and wireless technology. An active CCIE certification is preferred, but not required. This candidate will work closely with the DEA CTO and other DOJ components. This position will include performing the following tasks.
- Co-ordinate and define network requirements (i.e. design, configure, install) to include coordinating with other groups within and outside of DEA to determine the scope and objectives of proposed networking configurations.
- Develop detailed implementation plans to accommodate network growth, security, and enhancements by maximizing functionality of existing hardware and tools (i.e. Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Cisco USC).
- Detecting operational problems and recommending improvements to ensure optimal performance.
- Develop detailed implementation and migration plans for consolidating multiple networks.
- Make recommendations to management on enhancements to the network that will improve the quality and reliability of the network and services that depend on the network.
- Provide recommendations of the most cost-effective solution to support DEA’s network requirements, including all cost, procedural, and contractual considerations necessary to make decisions.
- Research and identify new technologies available that offer business advancements.
- Ensure information is properly protected by developing secure architectures.
- Assist in devising disaster recovery operations/ procedures.
- Work with DEA to design the networking for an on premise cloud solution.
- Work with other DOJ components to help DEA internetwork with the core DOJ data centers.
Candidate should be familiar with the following technologies and protocols.
Layer 2: Ethernet, ATM, Frame Relay, PPPoE, STP, 802.1q, 802.1x, MPLS, L2VPNs
Layer 3: IP, IPv6, LDP, L3VPNs, RSVP, DHCP, IPSEC, PIM, IGMP
Layer 4: TCP, UDP
Routing Protocols: BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, EIGRP
Other: SNMP, RADIUS, TACACS+
Wireless: Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and access points
Data Center/Cloud Networks: Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), Cisco Nexus series switches
Virtualization: Cisco UCS, VMWare ESXi, Azure
Collaboration: Unified Communications
Clearance: Top Secret Required
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- routing, switching, and WAN technology: 10 years (Preferred)