Are you a self-driven person looking to advance your career as a high-impact player on a team? If so, we have an exciting challenge for you and your future!
At HP Hood, we celebrate our differences. Our diversity of people, backgrounds, experiences, thoughts and perspectives are fostered to create an inclusive work environment. We are at our best when we respect and value each other – One Team, One Company!
Our culture is built on value commitments to innovation, quality, results, integrity, community, people, and collaboration that fosters a strong employee engagement, teamwork, safety and wellness.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, wellness programs, employee discount programs, 401k match, incentive programs, profit sharing and more.
Founded in 1846, today HP Hood is one of the largest and most trusted food and beverage manufacturers in the United States. Our portfolio of national and super-regional brands and licensed products includes Hood, Heluva Good, Lactaid, Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, Planet Oat, Hershey’s Milk & Milkshakes and more.
$10,000 SIGN-ON & RELOCATION OFFERED!
The Maintenance Mechanic will provide technical, mechanical, and industrial expertise to ensure customer, team member, and vendor satisfaction. The Maintenance Mechanic does this by ensuring facility equipment is operating on all shifts at maximum capacity with minimum downtime in order to maintain overall efficiency and productivity. The Maintenance Mechanic is also responsible for the upkeep of conveyors, and processing and filling equipment in the facility. The Maintenance Mechanic also provides support and trains and builds competence in the areas of boilers, refrigeration systems, PLC and other electronic/mechanical functions in the facility. The Maintenance Mechanic completes these functions in the support of the manufacture and distribution of dairy related products.
- Responsible for achieving assigned goals in the areas of maintenance, safety, food quality, job performance, and cost control.
- Responsible for complying with GMP’s, SOP’s, corporate and/or plant policies, rules, and regulations.
- Effectively handling all duties related to ensuring facility equipment is operating on all shifts at maximum capacity with minimum downtime in order to maintain overall efficiency and productivity.
- Responsible for the upkeep of conveyors, and processing and filling equipment in the facility. Also provides support and trains and builds competence in the areas of boilers, refrigeration systems, PLC and other electronic/mechanical functions in the facility.
- Works in various capacities, specifically equipment operation, welding, electrical troubleshooting and supporting PLC repair, mechanical troubleshooting and repair
- Responsible for performing PM’s on all facility equipment.
- Effectively operates various types of machinery to include, but not limited electrical meters for troubleshooting, PIT, welding equipment, and various personal hand tools. May also include the operation of any or all processing equipment including refrigeration compressors, chillers and condenser
- Ensures knowledge of all equipment operation and energy sources as related to safe lock out tag out.
- Abel to analyze and take appropriate action on problems associated with high speed bottling equipment.
- Responsible for troubleshoot electromechanical issues when they occur including, but not limited to, installation, diagnosis, calibration, maintenance/ repair of equipment and electronic devices
- Inspects and operates material handling equipment: Stretch wrap machines, forklift, VNA, reach trucks & Hand Trucks and changes batteries in a safe manner.
- Cover’s breaks and lunches and other staffing needs as assigned by their supervisor/lead.
- Compliant with all legal requirements concerning dairy processing and safety on their assigned shift and reports concerns to their supervisor/lead.
- Works in a safe manner and reports safety concerns promptly to their supervisor/lead and takes corrective actions as necessary to ensure a safe environment.
- Responsible for reporting food safety problems and initiating action and for supporting SQF by maintaining food safety and food quality.
- Ensures work areas are sanitary and strictly adheres to sanitation practices
- Communicates effectively between shifts and other departments
Essential Knowledge, Skills:
- Ability to apply basic to complex mathematical concepts such as adding, counting, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and knowledge of weights and measure, to sufficiently handle job tasks.
- Understand and respond appropriately to basic to complex employee, vendor, and customer inquiries.
- Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (Other preferences will be given for special language skills when there is a business need).
- Knowledge of company's mission, purpose, goals and your role in achieving each of them.
- Ability to operate facility equipment as required in assigned area.
- Satisfactorily complete all company training requirements.
- Ability to interpret company documents and literature and UPC/code information.
- Responsible for reporting to work at scheduled times and communicating tardiness and absences with the assigned Supervisor/Manager prior to the occurrence.
- Responsible for reporting to work in a condition to work.
- Responsible for being well-groomed and dressed in a business-and position-appropriate attire at all times including ensuring compliance with GMP dress code standards.
- Comply with performance criteria, standards of conduct as contained in company policy, employment procedures and responsibilities as described in the company handbook.
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times and immediately report and take appropriate action to correct a safety concern.
- Responsible for completing all assigned tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Requires morning, afternoon and overnight availability any day of the week based on assigned shift.
- Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advance notification and approval by Supervisor/Manager.
- Hourly: Generally scheduled for 40 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the business.
- Normally protected from weather and temperature changes possible exposure to hot, cold wet, humid or windy weather conditions does exist.
- May be subject to exposure to ingredients used in the manufacture of food products including allergens
- May be subject to exposure to chemicals involved in the manufacture and sanitation of a food processing facility.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the facility including but not limited to office, production, and warehouse environments. Including the outside perimeter of the building including the roof, catwalks, and drains, confined spaces.
- Able to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
- Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift with meal break.
- Physically able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move items weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance and move objects exceeding 50 pounds with reasonable accommodations.
- Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.05 - $32.55 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Electrical systems: 1 year (Required)
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person