Standard Forwarding has an exciting opportunity for a Line Haul Supervisor; this role will be responsible for assisting the Line Haul Manager in effective driver utilization to maximize time through the dispatching and coordination of Line Haul drivers. This position will be based at our company headquarters in East Moline, IL.
Founded in 1934 the company has been a part of the DP DHL Global Forwarding Freight division family since 2011.
- Supervises the nightly line haul operations
- Coordinates and liaises with terminal staff across the network to increase load factor, prioritize hot freight, maximize asset utilization, ensure timely departure and arrival
- Supervise drivers remotely in a matrix organization.
- Evaluate alternatives and utilize discretion when making independent decisions regarding the operation.
- Responsible for proper communication with all departments of Standard Forwarding to ensure customer needs are met.
- Required to observe and comply with all federal, state, and local laws and/or Standard Forwarding including company policy concerning safety, claims prevention, and hours of service.
Skills / Requirements:
- Strong operational background with an LTL carrier required.
- Previous line haul operations experience a plus.
- Knowledgeable of both DOT and HAZMAT regulations.
- Previous proven leadership skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, data management and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, word, PowerPoint and project Management software
- Confidence in decision-making
- Customer centric approach
WHY JOIN our DHL team? As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees.
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
Standard Forwarding is a top-quality LTL carrier with 17 terminals throughout the Midwest. We provide overnight service within and between Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, Minnesota, as well as St. Louis, MO, Omaha, NE, and southern Michigan. Founded in 1934 the company has been part of the DP DHL Global Forwarding Freight family since 2011 making us part of the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries.To this day, we continue our tradition of excellence by putting our customers first. Headquartered in East Moline, IL, service is at the heart of our culture. Since Standard's founding, technologies have changed, customer expectations have risen and competition has increased. In every area, Standard has been on the leading edge of positive change.
DHL Global Forwarding/Standard Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Work Authorization: DHL Global Forwarding Freight/Standard Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Job Type: Full-time
- Line Haul: 1 year (Required)
- East Moline, IL (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused