Job Type Temporary
If part time, hours per week
Start Date Desired
Advertised Hiring Range $21.21 per hour
Responsible for providing tutoring to students in discipline(s), as assigned. Assist in the delivery of tutoring services
Essential Job Functions
- Provides direct, one-on-one support to students
- Communicates via phone, email, or in person
Job Specific Task List
1. Facilitate one-on-one and group tutorial sessions tailored to meet student needs for content and learning styles
2. Conduct workshops for students as needed
3. Assist in maintaining ongoing and accurate records of student contacts and concerns
4. Support peer tutors on duty as needed
5. Identify and recommend to the OAS Director instructional and operational needs; develop materials as needed to be used in the Learning Center
6. Fulfill grant requirements and reports to be used in the Learning Center
7. Participate in the evaluation and assessment of program services
8. Meet, as needed, with the OAS Director/Learning Center Coordinator
9. Participate and assist in trainings
10. Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years experience, or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Such as those listed above
- Or, or Associate’s degree and/or professional license in technical or health care fields
- Active and unencumbered Pennsylvania RN license
PA Act 15 Clearances
As a requirement for this position, you are expected to provide current copies of the following: Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check and Mandated Reporter Training Certificate prior to your first day of employment. These must have been obtained within the last 60 months and for the purpose of employment (not volunteer). You may submit current copies of your clearances to the Office of Human Resources at the time an offer of employment is made.
Additional Knowledge and Skills:Knowledge:
- Community college or higher education teaching experience
- Experience in adult development and/or instruction
Some demonstrated knowledge or experience in teaching and/or tutoring
Clerical and office support practices
Principles and practices in area of assignment
Customer service principles
Report Preparation techniques
Various computer applications and related software
English language, punctuation, and grammar
Inventory maintenance principles
Strong oral and written communication skills
Effective organizational and interpersonal skills
Ability to work with a diverse student population
Maintaining various confidential records
Exercising judgment and discretion
Prioritizing and organizing work
Preparing and proofreading a variety of reports and/or documentation
Recognizing problems, identifying alternative solutions, and making appropriate recommendations
Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with students, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Providing customer service
Operating a variety of office equipment, including a computer and related software applications, telephone, fax machine, and adding machine
Job Open Date 02/13/2019
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled No
HACC's Mission Statement
Creating opportunities and transforming lives to shape the future – together.
HACC's Vision Statement
HACC will be the first choice for a quality and accessible higher education opportunity.
HACC’s core values are integrity, collegiality, excellence and trust.
HACC's Diversity Statement
As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and
Documents which can be associated with this posting
Any Other Relevant Document
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
If you selected Referral or Other above, please specify here.
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have at least a Bachelor's degree in a related discipline?
- Do you have three years of related experience?
- Do you have an Associate's degree and/or professional license in technical or health care fields?
- Do you have an active and unencumbered Pennsylvania RN license?
- Please describe your teaching, training, and tutorial experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you meet all of the physical requirements of this job with or without reasonable accommodations?
- By completing this application, you agree to work as a member of the College to develop a culture of inclusion, diversity, civility and respect for every member of our community. Further, that you will demonstrate commitment and sensitivity to the importance of inclusion and diversity. Do you agree with this statement?