If you have a passion for serving kids alongside an awesome community, we want to talk to you.
SpringHill's Day Camp program puts an innovative spin on camp that involves traveling to different church locations weekly to provide incredible SpringHill experiences to thousands of kids. Each week, Counselors and their Day Camp teams set up and lead full camp experiences for the local community at churches and schools. Leading activities and teaching kids about God makes for the best summer job ever. Counselors also get to build community serving alongside teammates, meeting lots of people from the local communities by living with host families affiliated with the ministry.SpringHill will provide meals on work days and background-checked host homes where you can stay with other teammates when you are away from home. Camp runs from Monday-Friday with set-up beginning Sunday afternoon.
What does a Special Needs Counselor do?
A special needs counselor is a co-counselor in a camper group that is knowledgeable in how to care for a camper with special needs in that group. He/she will assume all the counselor responsibilities, and also assure that the camper with special needs is having his/her social, emotional, and physical needs met. This counselor must look for creative ways to adapt lessons to the camper's level and ensure that inclusion is taking place in the area. A special needs counselor must have patience, a servant's attitude, a heart for children with special needs.
- Completion of one year of college preferred
- Previous experience working with children with special needs preferred
- Ability to travel within a designated SpringHill region to provide an excellent camp experience to all kids served
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to lift, bend, and twist
- Ability to push and pull loads
- Must be able to lift frequently up to 35 lbs.; occasionally 35-100 lbs. with assistance
- Good hand-eye coordination
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, types of work performed and qualifications required of staff members assigned to this position. They are not intended or should be taken as an exhaustive list of and responsibilities, duties, and requirements of personnel so classified. All indicated qualifications, duties and functions are essential job functions for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Salary: $200.00 /week
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma