Do you want to empower Microsoft’s premiere subscription business through new foundational capabilities, features and tools that will propel the business forward? Are you a self-starter and problem solver who is comfortable with ambiguity, partnering with others to drive results, and trying to create order out of chaos?
If so, the Microsoft 365 Marketing Commerce Planning & Operations team has a great opportunity for an Operations Program Manager to help drive our feature and capabilities prioritization process. We are looking for a customer focused, highly organized/detail-oriented, results-driven business professional with strong communication and relationship building skills to help drive impact for M365. Success in this role will require deeply understanding the M365 businesses and working across the different stakeholders within Marketing and Engineering to drive a unified prioritization for UST/Operations work, with the ultimate goal of helping UST focus their resources on the highest priority items that will accelerate our business transformation.
Our team is part of the M365 Business Planning team, within the M365 Product Marketing Group (PMG). Our overall responsibility is to be the PMG’s primary interface and execution arm with the Universal Store Team (UST/Commerce). In addition, the broader team is responsible for being the central hub for ingesting, prioritizing, managing and executing all business/marketing requests for new products, features, offers, SKUs, price changes, promos, trials, etc. into the UST platforms and tools. Lastly, as part of how we deliver results, we will be expected to lead, organize and project manage cross-functional marketing, operations and engineering teams to ensure that significant launches with heavy UST/Operations components are coordinated and launched with excellence.
It’s an incredibly exciting team to be part of, at the crux of where much of the innovation and transformation of our subscription business is being implemented!
- Deeply partner with key stakeholders across business planning, product marketing, channel/GTM, etc. to understand business needs and priorities, capture detailed requirements and then collaborate with Office Engineering to champion and drive impact through UST/Operations
- Drive the PMG prioritization process and alignment across the LT on key UST initiatives, asks, priorities and trade-offs. This may include a customer perspective (Consumer, Commercial, SMB) as well as a channel/execution perspective (e.g., Direct, CSP, etc.)
- Drive industry benchmarks, internal best practices, and continually evolve and innovate to drive full impact of the prioritization framework
- Help to refine and manage the infrastructure and tools to facilitate a unified ingestion and prioritization process across Office Engineering, UST and Office PMG
- Drive key initiatives and launches together with UST/Eng, and across a broad range of stakeholder teams like Marketing, Operations, CELA, Support, Engineering, PR, etc. as needed
- Identify and drive continuous improvement and transformation in our marketing operations, UST/Operations tools, and engagement processes to accelerate Office transformation
- Build strong relationships and a deep understanding of partner team processes and tools to become the business SME’s in specific UST/Operation areas and platforms
- Candidate should have experience in several of the following: business operations/process, software product management, Universal Store Team/Commerce Platform systems, or launching products/services across multiple channels and teams
- Must have a strong record of execution and successful delivery, with the ability to function at 100,000 feet as well as 10 feet, with great attention to detail and a skill for “connecting the dots”
- Candidate must have ability to deal with ambiguity, problem solve, be process oriented, and be skilled at leading teams in an unstructured environment
- Must have superior leadership/influencing skills to interact and build relationships across many different teams and stakeholders at senior levels (e.g., UST, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Support, Finance, etc.)
- Candidate must have strong drive to continually learn about the business, the technology, and the operational capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work as part of a dynamic team environment, juggling many priorities, are a must
Business, technical or operational background with an MBA preferred; previous management/IT implementation consulting background is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.