Requisition #: DEVEL01535
Active DoD - Minimum Secret
Security+ or other IAT II certification required
**Selected applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. **
Be part of a team charged with the design, development, maintenance, and improvements to system software and applications for management of DARPA research & development programs. Serve as part of a software development team that performs collaborative software development tasks. Research and recommend software tools and processes.
This position will be primarily dedicated to development and maintenance of web applications used for administrative functions. Candidate will be required to work closely with project manager in evaluating current systems and recommending decisions on future development. Be required to assist senior software engineer with the analysis of user and system requirements and constraints. Implement code and develop system specifications and system requirements. Be required to use Configuration Management tools such as Visual Source Safe for source code control and software release management. Be required to perform testing of software components.
Education and Certifications:
- This individual will work in applications and systems development to analyze users' needs, and participate in the design, construction, and testing of web-based software systems.
- This individual will be involved in the design and development of the system(s) and solve technical problems that arise. Must possess strong programming skills, full application life-cycle development, must be a logical and disciplined thinker.
- Participate in design walkthroughs and code reviews
- Assist with application lifecycle management (ALM)
- Participate in the development of requirements from a technical perspective
- Proactively share knowledge with peers on problems, collaborating with other programmers
Background Needed and Years of Experience:
- Security+ or other IAT II certification required.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Technical Skills (Must Have):
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming and Development (5+ years' experience)
- Experience designing, coding, testing and debugging .NET web applications (5+ years' experience)
- Experience using any combination of ASP.NET MVC, Entity Frameworks, ASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET Web Forms
- Experience with database development in SQL server
- Working knowledge and experience with software tools such as Telerik (required) and MS Visual Studio
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Firm understanding of Software Engineering Methodologies
- Experience with Configuration Management, Change Control, and Requirements tools such as Team Foundation Server or JIRA
Contractor site with 0%-10% travel possible. Possible off-hours work to support releases and outages. General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are not hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Light – 20 lbs. Maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 10 lbs. A job is light if less lifting is involved but significant walking/standing is done or if done mostly sitting but requires push/pull on arm or leg controls.
Stand or Sit Walk Repetitive Motion Use hands/fingers to handle or feel Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl Talk/hear See Pushing or Pulling Climb (stairs, ladders) or balance (Ascend/Descend, Work atop, Traverse)
Agile Defense is an Information Technology Solutions provider committed to partnering with our customers to deliver the highest level of service to our customers. We provided Information Technology (IT) services to the U.S. Government, including several United States Civil agencies and various branches within the U.S. Department of Defense.
Agile Defense has established a solid reputation of partnering with our customers to deliver innovative IT solutions with our “Listen. Think. Innovate.” philosophy.
At Agile Defense, we know that our employees are our most important asset. We believe in our responsibility to our fellow employees, customers, company, and to our country. We promote teamwork, integrity, and creativity; we expect our fellow employees to also live these values.
Agile Defense, Inc. does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.