For over 30 years, the Kentucky Lottery has earned more than $5.4 billion for the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Our mission is fueling imagination and funding education for all Kentuckians. For nearly two decades, the largest chunk of proceeds - $3.6 billion, has gone to fund programs to help Kentucky students stay home and attend college. We have continued to break records – earning over $1 billion in sales last fiscal year to continue to support these important programs.
We want to make winners out of our players, retailers, college students and our employees. We are looking for the best talent to join our winning team. Are you ready to fuel your imagination? We have the opportunity for you.
The Computer Operator I/II is responsible for providing overnight systems support and monitoring for core KLC midrange systems. Responsible for ensuring system availability, monitoring and first level trouble shooting of the KLC iSeries midrange systems, this includes management of system workflow; submitting, monitoring, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs; tracking and reporting of incidents managing system peripherals; performing all system backups and the management of onsite/offsite tape media to the specifications of KLC management. Performs tasks associated with the nightly online draws including the running and balancing of the KLC Internal Control System.
Note: This position will work Tuesdays – Saturdays, 8pm – 5am.
- Operates and monitors the KLC iSeries systems and associated network. Monitors and addresses errors to ensure that the systems maintain the highest level of availability possible to the corporation.
- Schedules, manages, and monitors jobs and workflows on all systems. Ensures successful completion of all jobs.
- Completes operational checklists to ensure all scheduled processes are completed at the proper time and in the proper sequence.
- Performs all duties associated with the nightly draw games. These activities include: balancing draw reports to ensure winning number accuracy, interacting with interstate entities for all multi state games, verifying the accurate distribution of winning numbers for all draw games including to web site and IVR system, identifying all winning jackpot tickets and informing lottery officials and security as to where the ticket was sold, enabling pay out for validations. Updates lottery billboards as needed. Performs all Internal Control System (ICS) processing and. balancing to ensure online vendor integrity.
- Provides first level troubleshooting steps to ensure that system and program errors are handled quickly and resolved in timely manner. Provides routing of second level support to supervisors, duty programmers, system administrators, or system vendors, as necessary. This includes recording and documenting incidents in the Service Desk Application.
- Performs all system back up activity to include scheduling, running, and verification of saved data.
- Manages an efficient scheduling of all back up devices to ensure that saves complete within the allowed time window and as defined in the corporate save strategy.
- Manages, logs, and tracks all onsite and offsite tape media to ensure that data is retained in compliance with the corporate policy.
- Monitors all environmental systems to ensure that the KLC computer systems are always protected. This will include regular monitoring of backup generators, UPS, fire suppression, and HVAC systems.
- Responsible for keeping current on all disaster recovery processes, access, and maintenance activities that pertain to operating from the KLC’s backup datacenter. This will include working remotely from home as well as traveling to the backup data site located in Frankfort as needed to maintain operational continuity.
- Participates in procedural documentation review and associated updates.
- Captures and records any pertinent information that occurred during the course of the shift and include in a written shift turnover report
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year of computer operations experience required. Computer certifications and education may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and Information Technology systems, computer applications, hardware, and software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, computer terminals and keyboards.
- Highly detailed oriented.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and be self-driven.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently and with a high degree of competence.
- Good communication and team interaction skills. Must be able to work effectively with coworkers in small team environment.
- Must be able to work in an environment that is repetitious, faced paced, and has time constraints.
- Must be able to handle high pressure situations as well as maintain focus and attention during slow times.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Computer Operator II (additional requirements)
- Minimum of two years of computer operations experience required. Computer certifications and education may be considered in lieu of experience.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Willingness to work overnight shifts, including holidays, and partial or alternating weekends.
- Must be able to work in a temperature-controlled control room environment.
- Must be willing to come to work in all types of inclement weather.
- Must be willing to travel as needed to Frankfort, Kentucky (for emergency situations).
- Must have home internet connection to facilitate remote work ability.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds: Occasionally
- Moving: Occasionally
- Reaches, writing, fingering, typing: Frequently
- Talking and/hearing: Frequently
- Seeing, must be able to read reports and use a computer: Continuously
- Sit for long periods of time: Continuously
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness program, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary benefit plans, generous paid time off plans, retirement plans – including 401(k), 457(b), IRAs, and a money purchase retirement plan in which the company contributes a portion of your base pay.
We will only contact candidates who match the qualifications for this role and who are selected for the next steps in the talent acquisition process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we've provided Personal Protection Equipment including masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant spray as well as instituted policies concerning social distancing in the workplace.
- computer operations: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Saturday (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19