Full Job Description
Merakey is currently seeking a part time (10 hours a week) ABA Clinical Specialist to join our Emotional Support School at St. Anne's in Philadelphia, PA.
This position will involve group therapy sessions, one-on-one sessions and behavior analysis and emotional support as needed. The Clinical Specialist will work collaboratively with the staff Psychologist, Special Education Teacher, and Behavior Interventionist.
The Clinical Specialist will complete functional behavioral assessments (FBAs) and design individualized positive behavioral support plans (PBSPs) for students. He/she will be responsible for collaborating with the regular and special education teacher to ensure goals and interventions stated within the positive behavioral support plan are being implemented correctly and data is collected accurately.
This individual will analyze behavioral data each month and adjust the PBSP accordingly. Consultation services will be provided to other district staff to ensure a smooth transition from the Therapeutic Classroom to the regular education classroom. This team member will also be responsible for conducting staff and parent training sessions.
The Master's Level Treatment Staff will conduct Behavior Shaping Lessons to include topics around compensatory strategies, bully prevention, character building, making and keeping friends just to name a few. Individualized sessions and home visits will occur to ensure interventions are being utilized across all settings to promote student success.
- Designs and directs the implementation of a behavior modification intervention plan which is individualized to each child or adolescent and to family needs.
- Completes FBA's and PBSP's for students
- Identifies behavioral goals and intervention techniques for each student
- Recommends non-aversive behavioral change methods.
- Serves as a consultant to the classroom team to provide behavioral support both inside and outside of the classroom. 6. Focuses on program design, monitoring and direct therapy.
- Participate in IEP Team meetings as required.
- Complete program books for each child as required
- Along with data collection and treatment plan writing, completion of report cards to monitor each student's progress
Apply today at www.merakey.org. Please also send your resume to our recruiter Jennifer.email@example.com
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations. We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey, formerly NHS, provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan and Tennessee.
To learn more about our Education and Autism division, please visit http://educationandautism.merakey.org/.
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Bachelor's degree required (Master's Degree Preferred) in human services or education is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in the field of education, autism, or human services is required.
- 2 years of ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) experience highly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled